RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change paper doll image for wearables?

Safera

Page
I have successfully added my first piece of custom clothing...

...BUT...

I cannot figure out how to change just the paper doll gump image.

It seems that the gump image # MUST be animation I'd+50000 no matter what. Which means I cannot use the same robe animation for multiple different robes. Whenever I give a new robe the same animation id as another, it uses that old robe's paper doll gump image. Changing body.def doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever.

Does anyone know 1. If body.def works with 7.0.23.1 or 2. How to use the same in-game animation for multiple wearables?

m309

Squire
Safera, you definitely need to just manipulate the body.def file, and it is 100% possible to use the same exact animation for as many gumps as you'd like. Body.def overrides the animation slot that is associated with whatever Gump slot you've replaced.

Safera

Page
Here's what I put in the body.def (maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I tried a ton of different entries and none seemed to do anything...so any ideas are appreciated):

Code:
16 {899} 0

Whereby 16 is the Gump ID (50016) - 50000
899 is the anim id in the Animations tab
and the item's id is also 50016 with its anim id set to 899 in tiledata tab

(see attachments)

Attachments

• gumpid.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 19
  • animationid.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 20
  • tiledata.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 21

m309

Squire
You want your Tiledata entry to match the gump ID/original Anim ID, not the new one you're overwriting to. So in Tiledata change the Anim number to 16 and see if that works. Leave your Body.def as it is, that should be right.

Safera

Page
OMG! It worked! Thank you!

Now to go finish up this tutorial from start-to-finish for my contribution back. *thanku* eee!

Safera

Page
Question: MUST I write a script for each piece of new clothing that I make? Or is there something simpler I can do?

m309

Squire
If you take a look at all the stock clothing for instance, "types" are written in the same script (hats, pants, etc) - so you could always do yours like that, or even just add them into the existing stock files.

Weapons and armor I always write separate ones for, but I guess theoretically you could probably combine them as well by "type", based on what they derive from (basesword, baseaxe, etc).

milva

Sorceror
I agree with m309 if your going to add any thing to the armor pieces I would do stand alone scripts if not take a look at Scripts\Items\Clothing each script is pretty long but you would save a few lines at the top of the script I guess.

Safera

Page
I never knew adding new clothing was so time-consuming. Thanks for the info Milva & m309. Hammerhand helped me last night via Skype too btw. So I want to send a shout-out to him as well for providing me with a base script to get the script working correctly (again lol). Thanks again!