RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Compile RunUO SVN (Revised)

Nagozi

Sorceror
How To Compile RunUO SVN (Revised)

Thanks HellRazor, the information I forgot and you added is now included in the file.. Here Is the Updated .txt File. I hope this helps everyone. :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It took me a while to figure out how to compile the RunUO SVN application console, but I finally did it! Now I want to help others who haven't figured it out yet so they too can be caught up with the rest of you guys.

I searched for a tutorial using the RunUO search engine and came up with 1 file of interest. The problem was that this particular file had text that was all clumped together and it was extremely hard to follow.

So I went ahead and revised it into a step-by-step text that explains things a bit more clearly (imho). Through typing this, I really helped myself learn the compiling process a lot quicker, so I hope it can assist others as well.

I don't know the original author of the original tutorial I found off RunUO, but I'd like to thank him because, even though it was hard to read, it did give me a base to work off of. Thank you. :)

File Removed By Author

HellRazor

Knight
This thread should be stickied, its a great tutorial and easy to follow!

One additional thing - the SVN does not include 2 files that you need from the RC1 download. You need to have the files zlib32.dll and zlib64.dll in your server directory. Otherwise you will experience server errors.

Feid

Sorceror
Very Very Good

I searched the forums for about half an hour on how to download and run the svn... never thought to search for compile. Your instructions are clear and percise... never missed a step.

Thanks a lot! Saved me a lot of time

mixer

Sorceror
I need help, SVN 187

someboy cant connect my shard

Restricting client version to 6.0.1.3. Action to be taken: Annoy
Sent ingame packet (0x9D) before having been attached to a mobile

cant create char

Here I've compiled solution file for Microsoft Visual Studio C# Express Edition including config files for Tortoise SVN client to compile & update RunUO core. Based on RunUO 2.0 SVN release 187.

Attachments

• RunUO.rar
    4 MB · Views: 706
Prohor Meletevich;688982 said:
Here I've compiled solution file for Microsoft Visual Studio C# Express Edition including config files for Tortoise SVN client to compile & update RunUO core. Based on RunUO 2.0 SVN release 187.

Oh. You need to download Tortoise SVN client and install it. After unpack my archive to some folder and right click on \RunUO Server (SVN)\ folder and select "SVN Update" from context menu. This way you will recieve latest SVN sources whats you could compile to .exe file.

HellRazor;689829 said:
Nagozi, where did the instructions go? :(

was wondering the same thing....i have gotten as far as compiling the svn to the exe before i saw this thread. but wondering if his instructions will help with getting it to work with my scripts on runuo2.

corbingene01

Wanderer
file removed by author...

I'd say completely rewrite it in your own words. I saw that file before and it is very confusing the way it was, and it missed a few things which added more confusion.

HellRazor

Knight
Gone forever it seems. :(

But you can find a thread in the FAQ forum that will guide you through it. I think it is stickied there.

Joeku

Lord
Or you could do this...
1. Make sure the name of your Core is "Server.exe"
2. Make sure that your RunUO directory has the "Server" directory for the source code.
3. Make sure that the "Server" directory contains a file called runuo.ico.
(These steps are all default via the SVN by the way)
Now, copy this text:
Code:
del Server.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe /unsafe /out:Server.exe /recurse:Server\*.cs /win32icon:Server\runuo.ico
Save it to a .BAT file and drop it into your RunUO directory.
Double-click and enjoy.

HellRazor

Knight
Joeku;703699 said:
Or you could do this...
1. Make sure the name of your Core is "Server.exe"
2. Make sure that your RunUO directory has the "Server" directory for the source code.
3. Make sure that the "Server" directory contains a file called runuo.ico.
(These steps are all default via the SVN by the way)
Now, copy this text:
Code:
del Server.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe /unsafe /out:Server.exe /recurse:Server\*.cs /win32icon:Server\runuo.ico
Save it to a .BAT file and drop it into your RunUO directory.
Double-click and enjoy.

Works like a charm. What a great tip!

This should be stickied somewhere.

Thanks Joeku.