RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Create a Server?

Ramon Pais

Wanderer
Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a server just for a friends. I'd like a tutorial that help me to set my shard online. (Config ip,port,client, etc...)
I have looked for this but I didn't find.

Could you help me with this guys.

Thanks

i'm willing to help. but you're going to have to supply more information. What era are you looking for? Runuo is still working out some of the bugs in ML, so if you want the full experience, i suggest using that client. For the configuring IP, you may want to look into getting yourself set up with No-ip.com Port forwarding is fairly easy, once you know what you're doing, but if it's just for a friend, you could avoid the IP and port problem, and just go with hamachi. If you need anything else, feel free to message me.

Ramon Pais

Wanderer
Ok guys I got it, my server is ON to my friends... BUT I put my friend as a GM, but him can't use the commands like .add, .kill, etc.
What I need to do to solve this. Does he needs to install a server in his house too? but how I'll equalize database.
Ohh I forget to mention, I'm using sphere.
ty guys

Dian

Sorceror
We can not help you with a Sphere server. You would need to ask for support on a forum devoted to the Sphere server.

well, we can try to help, but it is better to go to sphere. Not trying to undermine you Dian, but if we can figure out an answer, i don't see why we can't help. As for you Ramon Pais, is your friend a counselor, Game master, or what? what is his actual access level?

Ramon Pais

Wanderer
Whatever sphere or runuo for me, like I said, its just for friends. I just got up my server with sphere because I could not its on runuo, but I ll try runuo again.

I put him as admin (player 5) to help me build the world, but he couldn't do nothing. The server is in my house, could he need to has a server in his house too? Because all scripts and data base is in my house, I think that is why he can't add or summon anything.
Ty for help.

Dian

Sorceror
No, if he had a server as well at his house, you would be in one server 'world' and he would be in his own server 'world'. They would not be connected what so ever.

I would guess, given you set him as Admin, he may not be using the correct prefix keyboard character for the commands, or misspelling commands, or you simply did not make his access level Admin like you thought you had. There is something you are overlooking, at any rate.

Again though, not meaning this rude, but you would have much better luck finding answers to this issue on a Sphere forum. There may be some folks here that are familiar with Sphere, but most that have used Sphere around here, was years and years and years ago.. generally speaking.

On the issue about your not having luck starting up a RunUO server, that is something we can certainly help you with. So if you like, let us know what you have done and what did not work for you, and we can absolutely help you get through those troubles.

I would almost start by saying you may not have the correct .Net Framework installed, and for that reason you had errors when you tried to run the RunUO.exe
You would need the .Net Framework version 2.0 / 2.2 for the latest Distro version of RunUO. Future releases of RunUO will require the 4.0 .Net Framework.

Dian

Sorceror
On the first run of the RunUO.exe, after you see the compile finished, and world starts to load.. it should give you a prompt to create the initial Owner accoun. Otherwise, in game once you are logged in as the Owner, use command [admin to create more accounts manually. Also, if you have not altered much of anything, you can create new accounts by simply entering new credentials in the UO log in screen, and RunUO will create the new account automatically. (if you do not have IP account limitations set)

First question, how are you launching the UO client?

If you are just using the installed UO client.exe (or the shortcut it creates) this will not work. It is encrypted. You would need to use a 3rd party program such as Razor to launch the UO client. This will remove the encryption, and allow your connection to the RunUO server.

If you have done that, and are trying to login for the first time, it could just be a matter of having the correct IP address. If you are running RunUO and the UO client on the same machine, try launching the UO client with the IP address 127.0.0.1 to connect to RunUO.

Dian

Sorceror
Also, when you attempt to login, watch the RunUO interface to verify if it does in fact recognize you are trying to connect. It will give messages about how it is handling the UO client as it tries to connect. This will help trouble shoot the problem you may be having.

Ramon Pais

Wanderer
As you said I'm having problems with encrypted client (its show on runuo interface), also I already tryed to run razor but didn't work.

I have two UO installed here. client 6.0.1.10 (patch 72) and client 7.0.15.1 (patch 51)

Any idea?

Thanks for help.

Dian

Sorceror
What did not work when trying to use Razor?

You can use a variety of UO client versions. I currently use 7.0.20 using Razor to launch, with RunUO 2.3
Its not so much the client version, than the program you use to launch the client that removes the encryption.

Ramon Pais

Wanderer
Ok I could log in, but not with my owner account. I just type a random acc works, but I'm as player there.

Other thing is happening is when I change server on razor to UOR its open an world, when I choose UO SE/ML open a different world... lol
I'm really confused, but frist of all I need login as a owner.

Dian

Sorceror
Have you more than one Ultima Online installed? Thats all I can figure as to why you can choose between different versions with Razor.

You should have been prompted to create the Owner account on the first run of RunUO.

Also, when choosing the IP address in Razor, there are some default server IP's that are the RunUO's own shards they run. So you may be connecting to one of those, rather than your own home server. Set the IP manually to your own IP that is running the server.

Ramon Pais

Wanderer
Wow man its work now... thanks

Now a need a program to help me, like axis
There is a program to runuo?
if not, plz can you tell me some commands

thanks again