RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove/add statics from the statics0.mul file

rlitt3

Wanderer
How to remove/add statics from the statics0.mul file

*This added 4/14/03 : I will leave this post up here but the following is *
*now pretty much obsolete with the new freeze and unfreeze commands.*
*See the changelog for Beta 25 for the new commands. *

By request in a previous post, here is one way to remove or add items to your statics0.mul/staidx0.mul files. Adding decorations to these files instead of the worldfile can greatly reduce lag and save times. Only problem is, all of your clients will need these files as well in order to see the decorations. PM me if you have any questions.

1. Download UOXclassic 2.0 emulator from : http://www.uoxclassic.com/ and multool from : http://uoidn.uoevolution.sm/files.html and then extract them into your desired directories.

NOTE : You might be able to export from your RUNUO worldfile to create the items.wsc file instead of using UOXclassic. I personally have not tried this. Using UOXclassic is just my preference so I don't risk messing anything up on my RUNUO worldfile.

2. 1st of all, make a backup of your statics0.mul and staidx0.mul files.

3. Launch multool. Click on the melt statics pane and enter in the paths for your static files and items.wsc (items.wsc does not exist yet but type in your path to UOXclassic 2.0)

4. Enter in desired coordinates of where you want to delete/edit statics. x1 and y1 will be the top left corner of the square/rectangle and the x2 and y2 will be the bottom right corner. In the fields next to 'placed where' just leave all 0s.

Note : You can use UOAM (uo auto map) to help you get the coordinates you need. Especially if it is a big area. You can get UOAM here : http://www.uoam.net/ If you don't already have UOAM I highly suggest getting it anyway because it will work fine with RUNUO. IMPORTANT : Make sure you close out UOAM after you get the coordinates you need because multool will give you errors if you try to do anything. Also, when you have UOAM opened up, click on the map pane and make sure 'tilt map' is unchecked. This will make it easier to "visualize" the square or rectangle and get the coordinates of them.

5. After you have entered desired coordinates click on the 'melt' button.
You might notice that a items.wsc file just created in your UOXclassic folder. This has all your static items.

6. Now click on the clear statics pane. Enter in the exact same coordinate information and static file paths as you did in step 4. Click on the 'clear' button. This will actually wipe out the statics from the statics0.mul and the staidx0.mul in the given area.

7. Now, you have to set up UOXclassic a little bit before you launch it. Open the Uox3 config file, at the top make sure it looks like this :

UOX3 World
###

Also, scroll to the bottom and edit the paths to match where you have UO installed. Be sure to save the changes and close it out. Launch Uox3.exe.
It could take several minutes to load up the world especially if you melted a ton of items. Once startup is complete then launch Uogateway (or your normal means to launch the client to connect to RUNUO).

8. Create a character and type in the 'go x y z command to near your location your are editing. Ex. : type in 'go 3859 1459 0. To remove an item, just type in the 'remove command. I would suggest setting up a macro with the 'remove command especially if you are removing alot of individual items. If you want to wipe out, say, an entire building...use the 'wipe command and click on the NW corner and then the SE corner of what you want to wipe out. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE 'WIPE COMMAND. It will wipe all all items in the area on all z planes. You can also add items if you want to, just make sure the items are decorations only. Things such as doors, signs, forges, looms, anvils, containers, or anything that you click on to perform some sort of 'function' should not be staticed. After you are done making your changes, use the 'save command. You can now close out your UOX3 window and UO window.

ALMOST DONE !

9. Lastly, click on the freeze statics pane and type in your paths once again (by now you will prabably will want to copy and paste) and click on freeze. This will take the items in your updated items.wsc and patch into the statics files. You should open UOAM to check to make sure the updated statics files are screwy.

Sorry for the overload of info. Just wanted to make sure everything was covered. Once you get the hang of this it is extremely easy.