RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use XMLspawner to control ChampionSpawner...

Sorthious

Squire
Here is what I am trying to do:

I want to use an XMLSpawner as a MasterController for a Champion spawn. I want to use Proximity of players to determine whether to make the Spawn Active. If there aren't players in the area and the Current Level is not greater than Zero I want to set the ChampionSpawn Active = false. If it is greater than Zero I would let the Expire Delay drop the level back to zero before making the spawn inactive. I think I understand how to do this but I have a few issues.

When I set to inactive I still have whatever was spawned running about. Is there an easy way to remove spawned MOB's within the Champ spawning area with xmlspawner? Next, I have the problem of after a player has cleared a Champion Spawn and leaves the area, my MasterController would set the Spawn to inactive. Once a player enters again it would set to active. I need to set this up so that it doesnt spawn the Champ back to back.

So, I guess what I need to know is, if I have the ChampionSpawner Prop Active set to false, do the Timers such as Restart(Delay,Min,Max) and Restart time keep ticking? Also, I'm a little fuzzy on these timers. If i'm correct, I believe that ExpireDelay/Time controls when the spawn drops a level. And, Restart Delay/Min/Max controls when the next time a NEW spawn will occur after a Champ has been beaten? Any insight into this process would be much appreciated.

I am doing this to try to limit then amount of active mobiles on our shard while maintaining an appropriate delay between times a Champ is available.

Thanks in advance,
Sorthious