RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to zero the lag when use UO with RunUO in same PC

cuy782002

Wanderer
How to zero the lag when use UO with RunUO in same PC

ok this is from nerun and i can quiet understand it but....
just know to do it in Windows XP:

1. start RunUO
2. start UO
3. Do a CTRL+ALT+DEL
4. go to Process
5. Search server.exe or RUOservice.exe or any that is the name of the RunUO executable.
6. Right click in the runuo process name
7. Set Priority (in portuguese is "Definir Prioridade", i think is set priority in English)
8. Select priority Above Normal or High

It had zeroed the lag here, now i can test my shard without lag (or use "[m tel" command to walk... )

Endicott

Wanderer
i did this and it works but my friend did this and it doesnt change anything, ive known about this for a while it helps alot with lag but using more RAM so if you have enough RAM to waste then use this it cuts my saves down by 3 sec

mdavis93

Sorceror
I've also heard (un-confirmed) that by lowering the priority of the client, it may reduce lag. Never tested it or anything, just a rumor thus far.

Endicott

Wanderer
Press Control+Alt+Delete

Locations on keyboard:

Control: Bottem Left
Alt: Bottem left one away from Control
Delete: Mid Right, Next to page down, page up and insert

press them all at the same time once then the Winows Task Manager will popup Next you have to click the Processes tab at the top next to Applications and Performances, Now all you have to do is find Server.exe, now once you have found it Right Click it another SubMenu will popup saying End Process, End Process Tree, and Set Priority, Now go down to Set Priority and a menu will come up to the right in there is the priority settings. Click High or Above normal, Dont use RealTime , RealTime will make YOUR comp lag thus making the shard lag. Its as easy as that

YW :D i always try to help

☼NOTE☼ This will take more RAM but if you have the RAM to spare then do it

If you dont know how to find out how much RAM you have go to Start Menu and Right Click the My Computer icon and then click Properties and on the first that that will come up will show u all the info you need. :D
-Prince Prospero

mdavis93 said:
I've also heard (un-confirmed) that by lowering the priority of the client, it may reduce lag. Never tested it or anything, just a rumor thus far.

This works as well. UOGateway has an option in the settings to launch the client with a lower priority.

mdavis93 said:

Yes this does work well and if you set the uo client to low and the server to high it is very good. I have also used setting the client to low for playing on osi seems to help quite a bit with lag there also.

psz

Administrator
Just use UOGateway, as OutkastDev said, and lower it there. Much easier.

Also, Razor has a second option for reducing CPU usage, which will also help.

cuy782002

Wanderer
:D WOW......... i didnt know that there was more lol damn im learning more and more everyday its great and i love it

let the power of the devil's tail serg throug your vanes :eek:

Neouni

Wanderer
some ultima online server emulators reduce lag alot when they have their own set of mul files

runuo checks registry by default for where UO is installed and uses it's mul files

cuy782002

Wanderer
Neouni said:
some ultima online server emulators reduce lag alot when they have their own set of mul files

runuo checks registry by default for where UO is installed and uses it's mul files
so is this a bad thing or not......cuz i gotten slamed from both sides all ready but has all been good things tho im the biggest nobie here i thing lol

Neouni

Wanderer
if you play uo on the server it can create more lag, atleast it does on other server emulators don't know how runuo handles it

psz

Administrator
The reason it would cause more lag isn't due to network traffic, but due to the fact that (by default) the OSI Client will automatically attempt to use 100% of your CPU at all times. Thus, reducing the Priority of the client, and using Razor's Reduced CPU Usage will reduce the lag.

Simple.

cuy782002

Wanderer
psz said:
The reason it would cause more lag isn't due to network traffic, but due to the fact that (by default) the OSI Client will automatically attempt to use 100% of your CPU at all times. Thus, reducing the Priority of the client, and using Razor's Reduced CPU Usage will reduce the lag.

Simple.
yeper's i notest the lag with razor but cant live with out it and also i dont use OSI y pay when its free

psz

Administrator
The OSI client is the UO client. Has nothing to do with connecting to OSI.

Razor has an option to REDUCE CPU, which will REDUCE lag, if you're running the client on the same machine as the server.

cuy782002

Wanderer
psz said:
The OSI client is the UO client. Has nothing to do with connecting to OSI.

Razor has an option to REDUCE CPU, which will REDUCE lag, if you're running the client on the same machine as the server.
how do i go about doing that?

psz

Administrator
I generally use UOGateway to load Razor, as it allows the use of both CPU reducers.

In UOGateway, under the Options Tab is a feature called Lower CPU Priority.

Then, in Razor (once your select your shard), in the General tab, there's an option called Use Smart CPU Reduction.

This will clear up a tonne of CPU resources for the server to use, instead of the client sucking it all.

cuy782002

Wanderer
psz said:
I generally use UOGateway to load Razor, as it allows the use of both CPU reducers.

In UOGateway, under the Options Tab is a feature called Lower CPU Priority.

Then, in Razor (once your select your shard), in the General tab, there's an option called Use Smart CPU Reduction.

This will clear up a tonne of CPU resources for the server to use, instead of the client sucking it all.

thx alot bros runuo and every one els u guys r most help full