RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Html password protection

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
Html password protection

hi,
basically i don't have a server which can host online for everyone else so therefore i've made y pages in html, i have password protected some with html too.
the problem is, is that people can look like the source and work out the passwords.
i was told you could mask them, i have heard of masking ut don't have a clue how do do it and not totally sure on what it does.
i made a nice page in 20 mins but this password protection alone has taken a whole day to make it how i want it.
So i realy don't want it to go to waste due to people can work out the password.
there surely must be a way of hiding it or encypting.
perhaps i would need to speak more thoroughly in msn or something.
well whatever, bascially i'm stuck :(

hope you can help . .
regards

kieran

Serp

Sorceror
Swerve_jnr said:
hi,
basically i don't have a server which can host online for everyone else so therefore i've made y pages in html, i have password protected some with html too.
the problem is, is that people can look like the source and work out the passwords.
i was told you could mask them, i have heard of masking ut don't have a clue how do do it and not totally sure on what it does.
i made a nice page in 20 mins but this password protection alone has taken a whole day to make it how i want it.
So i realy don't want it to go to waste due to people can work out the password.
there surely must be a way of hiding it or encypting.
perhaps i would need to speak more thoroughly in msn or something.
well whatever, bascially i'm stuck :(

hope you can help . .
regards

kieran

You'll want to do the password checking server-side. Talk to your admin about installing php or asp, and read some about it and you'll be able to do this in no time!

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
problem is that my admin is 1and1.co.uk so it causes a bit of a problem since my admin will be worth millions and won't have time for someone like me