RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hued weapons.

will_man

Sorceror
Hued weapons System.

This is ( hopefully ) a working version of weapon hue systems for 1.0.0. I redid the mods again from scratch, progress ( and old files ) can be found in the Archives : here. These are the modified files for the system and come from the original 1.0.0 file, all modifications are commented with //*** text *** so its easy to see what i did.

This isnt compatable with the old system ( if anyone uses that still ) but if required i will make a compatable version, just reply here.

I had one problem with the enhancing but i seem to have fixed that with a lengthy method, but as its only called at enhancing, i think it will do.

Sorry it took me so long to get this up here i know i promised it earlier.

Any promlems please reply and i will get onto them

*EDIT* just realised ( thanks to XxSP1DERxX ) that each damage type doesnt take up its own attribute type. I have re-uploaded the modified files, now it will only take up one slot no matter how many damage mods you have :)

Attachments

• RunUo1.0HuedWeaponSystem.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 215

eggmungus

Wanderer
seems to be working, but what your getting is alot rarer and the levels are a lot lower compared to the rco version.

will_man

Sorceror
you mean you get the propertys added less and at lower levels?

The levels the property are added at has not been changed since the last version.
Talking of the last version I am very sorry of what happened with it, the method it used to store the information was totally not compatible with upgrading, this one is alot more compatible.

As for the occurence, i believe it is something like 4 out of 24 proberbility per enhancment.
Mabye changes in the loot since 1.0 has done this?

Is this a general problem or just one person ?

eggmungus

Wanderer
well before i was getting hued weps at anything up to 100% in properties. This time i havent seen anything anywhere near that high. Also after generating many higher level monsters to test its rate i got only 2 low level hued weps. A freind testing it also said he got very little in comparison to before. would there be an easy method to customise it at my end to give more at higher levels.
great script by the way. :)

will_man

Sorceror
BaseRunicTool.cs line 327:

Code:
					case 24: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.FireDamagePercent, 1, 100, 5 ); weapon.CheckHue(); break;  //*** Added these four lines ***
					case 25: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.ColdDamagePercent, 1, 100, 5 ); weapon.CheckHue(); break;
					case 26: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.PoisonDamagePercent, 1, 100, 5 ); weapon.CheckHue(); break;
					case 27: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.EnergyDamagePercent, 1, 100, 5 ); weapon.CheckHue(); break;

see the
Code:
...1, 100, 5 );

bit, this is the modifyer for it, so to make it have a minimum of 50% change the 1 to 50. To make it go up in 10's change the 5 to 10, so make the maximum value higher, before that see:

Code:
...secondary, min, max,..

the min and the max control the minimum and maximum valuse, so to raise them say change it to

Code:
...secondary, min * 2, max * 2,..

this will double the general value, and i *believe* it still wont go over the maximum.

When i inially tested hte system i rememeber getting a 85% fire damage sword off the df so.... that seemed good :)

But then, hit point increase is out of 8, and i have NEVER seen a hit point increase greater than 5 on my shard so....

And make sure your luck is nice and high as well :).

Kamron

Knight
This is definately an interesting idea. I think I am going to fiddle around with it. I must say though, there must be a better way to do the CheckHue method, but eh, looks good.

will_man

Sorceror
New update, read top post. Thanks ALOT to XxSP1DERxX for showing me that fault :).

Unfortunatly, with that update, the information i gave on how to make more ( or less ) appear is now invalid.

It is now all done in the baseweapon.cs at line 391
Code:
				if ( Utility.Random( 100 ) < 100 / ( 4 * ( i + 1 ) )  )
					amount++;

modify this formula to change how many damage modifiers you have, and line 404 ( not error 404 :) )
Code:
				int damage = (int)((double)(Utility.Random( max - min ) + min + 3) / 5.0 ) * 5;

modify this to get the amount of damage for each type.

Add what to damage? you didnt finish your post... arrrrggghhh1!!! :p

Also on lines 327 to 330:
You have
Code:
					case 24: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.FireDamagePercent, 1, 100, 5 ); weapon.CheckHue(); break;  //*** Added these four lines ***
					case 25: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.ColdDamagePercent, 1, 100, 5 ); weapon.CheckHue(); break;
					case 26: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.PoisonDamagePercent, 1, 100, 5 ); weapon.CheckHue(); break;
					case 27: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.EnergyDamagePercent, 1, 100, 5 ); weapon.CheckHue(); break;

which should be:
Code:
					case 24: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.FireDamagePercent, [COLOR=Red]10[/COLOR], 100, [COLOR=Red]10 [/COLOR]); weapon.CheckHue(); break;  //*** Added these four lines ***
					case 25: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.ColdDamagePercent, [COLOR=Red]10[/COLOR], 100, [COLOR=Red]10 [/COLOR]); weapon.CheckHue(); break;
					case 26: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.PoisonDamagePercent, [COLOR=Red]10[/COLOR], 100, [COLOR=Red]10 [/COLOR]); weapon.CheckHue(); break;
					case 27: ApplyAttribute( secondary, min, max, AosWeaponAttribute.EnergyDamagePercent, [COLOR=Red]10[/COLOR], 100, [COLOR=Red]10 [/COLOR]); weapon.CheckHue(); break;

Element damage was only added in multiples of 10 on OSI the last time I played (which was a good few years back)

and doesnt changing the 1 to 10 mean that the lowest amount that can be added is now 10 rather than 1% ?
so the lowest element damage that can be created is 10%, the max is 100% and its in multiples of 10% ?

Am I right? lol its just im not that great at scripting, everything is self learned and it took my a sort while to figure out how to change the way the Element dmg was done. Ended up spotting how weapon speed was done and just edited accordingly.

P.S. SP1DER, I told you I suck at maths. Its been a few months and I still havent come up with a formula for that script we were talking about =P

Kamron

Knight
Ahhaha LOL, I am sorry hehe. I can help you more when I get home tomorrow, if I have time. Just ICQ me.

As for what you posted, that is correct, however he changed what you posted from those four lines, to one line, I believe.

Ooooh, so he has. lol i didnt read down through. I just thought it was all what I read before. My bad. I think i PMD him that change, cant remember.

Just home from a holiday. Family went to LA for 2 weeks hehe, kinda forgot where I left off here, u know that feeling ?
I didnt believe in Jetlag till now. Its 8:17am here, so thats like only 11 or 12pm over there, still not bedtime
:eek:
lol

Arrrghh! For some reason I thought you lived in England, lol.

I was staying at a hotel on Roscrans avenue in El segundo. Probly opposite side of LA to u

will_man

Sorceror
Right well, RunUO 2.0 is now out, if anyone needs/wants me to change the script to make it compatable with the new RunUO please say, because, I know its an old script and Im not too sure if anyone is even running it still :)

Erica

Knight
will_man said:
Right well, RunUO 2.0 is now out, if anyone needs/wants me to change the script to make it compatable with the new RunUO please say, because, I know its an old script and Im not too sure if anyone is even running it still :)
Its already in RunUO 2.0 so no need to fix for 2.0 hehe.

will_man

Sorceror
what i mean is that i beleive this script conflicts with RunUO 2.0 ( since that does the same as this script, although i havnt checked ), so if anyone needs it converting I will, but I dont think its too widly used anymore :)