RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a tool request for someone looking for a project:

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
I have a tool request for someone looking for a project:

Tool name: MapUO
Tool description: This would be a tool similar to the UO Auto Map tool, and would work with RunUO clients.
Tool dev(s) benifits: We will host you a website http://mapuo.runuo.com, with anything you need.

Let me know if anyone is interested!!

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Im interested but I doubt I could do it alone. And it depends on the language. If anyone chooses to do this and needs help I will gladly take a chance.

crystal-Hyel

Wanderer
i'm using Uomap and it's run fine with client 4.0.0o and runuo 33 R2

i didn't understand , what you search Ryan :) can you explain me ?

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Even if it does work, I think a custom RunUO version would be cooler and run better then the current map tools.

As long as other people are interested in teaming up on this project then I will be too.

Cat

Wanderer
I accutly have already started, and mostly compeleted a similar tool with some help from Zippy and Ultima.dll. I'm currently testing the tool.

I stopped working on it do to time constraints and some...
PacketHandling issues

Ryan, if you'd be willing to lend a hand on that, I think I could get a stable version out fairly quickly.

Sir Deimos

Wanderer
If you want the more advanced features of UO Automap... well, they simply won't work on a RunUO shard, because of the unencrypted packets that RunUO sends and receives.

Cat

Wanderer
That is why I'm writting a new map tool.

I've got a version now that works with razor a6

However I'm having an issue with the zoom feature and I want to get that cleaned up before I release a version.

It tracks you and displays custom maps
There are other features I know people want, but because of the design request, I'm holding on several of them until I get more information.

Cat

Wanderer
Zippy is still working on Razor
He was working on Alpha 7 last I checked.

I am writting the first version of the map tool to work with razor.

Pah Triac

Wanderer
The MAIN reason that UOAM is so popular is that it can track other ppl.
(my opinion)
that are linked to the UOAM server someone is running.

**some ppl will say NOT TRUE and some will say DUHH..
i dont care much :p **

PLZ CAT put in the Link option...

Punnikin

Wanderer
I am currently waiting for Razor to be ready for public use. I like the name Razor and I kinda hope it stays that way beyond the development stage.
I do like the way UOAM works, and I was under the impression that it worked with custom maps if those maps were properly designed. If not, I apologize for my ignorance. I'd love to see a utility or built-in feature that would link Razor and UOAM such as the link with UO Assist.
What I would love to see, and I have yet to hear of anything remotely close to it, would be a way to have a floating, locking, word-wrapping editable gump that would apply text directly to the UO window. As it is, you must backspace and retype to correct a typo in any commands, and that can be fatal depending on the situation. Not everything can be macroed, and everyone makes typing errors at critical moments.
Something simple would suffice. A cut and paste ability would be nice as well. The chat feature on the [online menu is nice, but it doesn't wrap and isn't editable. Perhaps someone could build on that.
Now that I've gotten totally off-topic, I'll edit this and post it in the proper forum.

Neonbox

Wanderer
i belive your right about the customs needing to be properly done because i think it uses the same files as the cartography

Cat

Wanderer
Pah Triac said:
The MAIN reason that UOAM is so popular is that it can track other ppl.
(my opinion)
that are linked to the UOAM server someone is running.

**some ppl will say NOT TRUE and some will say DUHH..
i dont care much :p **

PLZ CAT put in the Link option...

It's been a while since I've spoken on this topic,
I am currnetly working on the server part of this tool.

It's coming along nicely, however I've dropped making it work with Razor, and am working on making it stand alone (many thanks to zippy for his help with this.)

I hope to have a version out this weekend.

Slimer

Wanderer
ey, lol

I have this tool done since the beginning of the year, just didn't know anyone needed one.

client side only, works well too.