RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Made A Shard But....

deeRC

Sorceror
I Made A Shard But....

I cant log on because in the black box it says
Client : 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Client : 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client : 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 online]

Whats wrong?

Crash1984

Wanderer
If your trying to connect with connect uo or gateway you wont be able to get on your own shard patched that high. From what i hear from these guys on the forums the highest you can be patched for using these programs is 6.0.5. im still learning and i could be wrong, but from expierience i never had problems as long as i was patched at that or below that.

David

Moderate
It should look like this

doaker

Wanderer
Crash1984;813990 said:
If your trying to connect with connect uo or gateway you wont be able to get on your own shard patched that high. From what i hear from these guys on the forums the highest you can be patched for using these programs is 6.0.5. im still learning and i could be wrong, but from expierience i never had problems as long as i was patched at that or below that.

i can use connect UO and im patched to 6.0.11. :confused:
EDIT: do u have your ip and port set right and are u running RC1, RC2 2.0 what ??? would help if we know whats going on on your end.

Crash1984

Wanderer
like i said i could be wrong (and is Probably)

Im still learning (noob) i wouldnt even know how to patch that high and still get on my own shard, he doesnt know how either thats why he posted here. there is probably a thread around here that explains how, (im still looking for it) but from all i expierienced to my knowledge thats why i posted 6.0.5. sorry, please correct me. thanks :) ...................................... i am running rc1. all i know is when i patch up to 6.0.3 to 6.0.5 and if i am able to log on my client freezes. im still trying to figure out my shard on 6.0.0, all i know is that i am in for some serious help and i am looking around for some helpfull links to better understand my issues.

deeRC

Sorceror
David i try that but it says it detects client encryption and logs me off on the black server box im trying to run rc2

doaker

Wanderer
you put your IP in your ServerList.cs along with your port in RC1 2.0 and u can go to like whatsmyIP.com to get your ip if u dont know it off hand.

deeRC

Sorceror
Ahhhh

well my server keeps crashin i cant log in because this.. whats it mean ?

*THIS IS MY CRASH REPORT*

Exception:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced
at System.Net.IPAddress.get_Address()
at Server.Network.AccountLoginAck..ctor(ServerInfo[] info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.AccountLogin_ReplyAck(NetState state)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.AccountLogin(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

deeRC

Sorceror
using System;
using System.Net;
using System.Net.Sockets;
using Server;
using Server.Network;

namespace Server.Misc
{
public class ServerList
{
/* Address:
* The default setting, a value of 'null', will attempt to detect your IP address automatically:
* private const string Address = null;
* This detection, however, does not work for servers behind routers. If you're running behind a router, put in your IP:
* private const string Address = "12.34.56.78";
* If you need to resolve a DNS host name, you can do that too:
* private const string Address = "shard.host.com";
*/

public static readonly string Address ="192.168.2.7";

public const string ServerName = "Hells Gate";

public static void Initialize()
{
Listener.Port = 2593;

EventSink.ServerList += new ServerListEventHandler( EventSink_ServerList );
}

public static void EventSink_ServerList( ServerListEventArgs e )
{
try
{
IPAddress ipAddr;

if ( Resolve( Address != null && !IsLocalMachine( e.State ) ? Address : Dns.GetHostName(), out ipAddr ) )
e.AddServer( ServerName, new IPEndPoint( ipAddr, Listener.Port ) );
else
e.Rejected = true;
}
catch
{
e.Rejected = true;
}
}

public static bool Resolve( string addr, out IPAddress outValue )
{

if ( IPAddress.TryParse( addr, out outValue ) )
return true;

try
{
IPHostEntry iphe = Dns.GetHostEntry( addr );

if ( iphe.AddressList.Length > 0 )
{
outValue = iphe.AddressList[iphe.AddressList.Length - 1];
return true;
}
}
catch
{
}

outValue = IPAddress.None;
return false;
}

private static bool IsLocalMachine( NetState state )
{
Socket sock = state.Socket;

IPAddress theirAddress = ((IPEndPoint)sock.RemoteEndPoint).Address;

if ( IPAddress.IsLoopback( theirAddress ) )
return true;

bool contains = false;

IPHostEntry iphe = Dns.GetHostEntry( Dns.GetHostName() );

for ( int i = 0; !contains && i < iphe.AddressList.Length; ++i )
contains = theirAddress.Equals( iphe.AddressList );

return contains;
}
}
}

David

Moderate
Bujinsho;814596 said:
This is too high for RC2 ... try using 6.0.13.0 or lower.

That's in my experience anyway :)

You can't be very far along.... download the 2.0 release of RunUO and use that. No point in starting out with a server that is already out of date.

Bujinsho

Page
I'm using SVN 313 with Malganis ML but I've modded so much on top of that I'm not sure what I'd gain (apart from client support) by upgrading to 2 Final at this stage ... now that they moved the milestone anyways :)

Schlowski

Wanderer
Sorry for hijacking this thread (at least a little bit), but can anyone give some clear advices about which client version runs with which RunUO?
I keep reading about 6.0.1 to 6.0.5, then other people talk about 6.0.13 or 6.0.14, then there are rumors about different versions for different RunUO-RC1 / RC2/ Final etc.
I have to admit that I'm totally confused about that...

Thx in advance!