RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I tryed everything..

StatusD_

Wanderer
I tryed everything..

Hi,

Im running the newest Ubuntu Linux with Mono JIT compiler version 1.2.3.1. I've been searching trought the forum for Installation Guides and found this: http://www.runuo.com/forums/other/82121-runuo-2-0-svn181-built-linux-linux.html
ofc it failed.

Then i saw that Ryan said the RunUO 2.0 works on Mono, so:

PHP:
mono RunUO.exe
and i get this:

Code:
Error:
System.EntryPointNotFoundException: SetConsoleCtrlHandler
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Server.Core:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (Server.Core/ConsoleEventHandler,bool)
  at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

** (RunUO.exe:18854): WARNING **: exception inside UnhandledException handler: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

Then i tried the latest SVN revision 263. and tried to compile it like this:
PHP:
 gmcs -d:MONO -unsafe+ -optimize- -t:exe -out:RunUO.exe -recurse:Server/*.cs

and i get this:

Code:
error CS2001: Source file `Server/*.cs' could not be found
error CS2008: No files to compile were specified
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 0 warnings

Any ideas?

Courageous

Wanderer
One of the things I had to learn as a young man was to pause, catch my breath, and actually read what the compiler was saying.

C//

StatusD_

Wanderer
of ffs.. i just pasted the wrong line.. it does notwork even if its a right directory

gmcs -out:../runuo.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r :System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.Enterpris eServices,System.Management,System.Runtime.Remoting,System.Runtime.Serialization .Formatters.Soap,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Ser vices,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:Server/*.cs

Server/Utility.cs(1252,104): error CS0030: Cannot convert type `TInput' to `TOutput'
Server/Utility.cs(1252,104): The type has two conflicting definitions, one comes from runuo, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral and the other from runuo, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutralerror)
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

floppydisc

Sorceror
StatusD_;717244 said:
Are you saying that with Mono 1.2.5 the newest RunUO 2.0 will work instantly like Ryan promised?

Just try it. But obviously some of the fixes of Mono 1.2.5 are required.