RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wonder?

Kreamy

Wanderer
Does anyone think it would be at all possible..
If say someone made a way to connect to (all free servers) through a list like osi?
once you log into ultima and go to pick your server there would be a list there with all the free servers.

I was just thinking that it would be an awesome thing to do.
if i knew where to begin i would try it my self but im lost here...

some one should think about this.

Kreamy

Wanderer
i figured it might not be possible...
and connect uo is somewhat like what i was talking about
but more of an osi type server list...

its only a thought probably never happen
(if you think you can do it feel free to steal my idea)

Jeff

Lord
i figured it might not be possible...
and connect uo is somewhat like what i was talking about
but more of an osi type server list...

its only a thought probably never happen
(if you think you can do it feel free to steal my idea)
The problem with the idea is that since everything would be shared account-wise, each server would get the accounts as well, opening the vulnerablity of people hacking accounts, since each server would have everyone's account information. Also, if the central account server goes down, no one can connect to any server.

Jeff

Lord
what if all UOG servers did that?
The problem here is that UOG servers would have to merge all their accounts, and what if 2 different people made an account with the same name on 2 servers.... this would cause issues. This would have only worked if it was put in place from the get-go...

Kreamy

Wanderer
The problem here is that UOG servers would have to merge all their accounts, and what if 2 different people made an account with the same name on 2 servers.... this would cause issues. This would have only worked if it was put in place from the get-go...

well so much for that idea lol