RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Idea] Add the "Slow Connection Mode"

valo

Wanderer
[Idea] Add the "Slow Connection Mode"

I've a 56kbit line and when i play RunUO i feel laggy when there are a lot of people in the screen or when I pass near some big customized houses.

So my idea is to add a command [slow
When someone calls it, the server will no more send informations to that specific client about the interior house walls, or decorations, or furniture.

And a more powerful command [slowest
In this way the server will not send more informazion to that specific client about the dress, armor or equipment of the other players who enter in the "eye-sight" zone.

And finally the command [normal
To reset back to that client to receive usual full informations about houses, and other players.

Thanks

Draxus

Wanderer
:eek: oooooor..... Theres always paying a wee bit extra each month for a faster connection? :rolleyes: Just a suggestion :D

valo

Wanderer
-=Magic=- said:
I think that is a good idea.
Today, not all the players have an ADSL...

and at same time with bigger server 300+ players could be possible to disable house loading to cut down server bandwidth use in the peak moments.

valo

Wanderer
bzk90 said:
u could always idk, ur kirrios client
"idk" what does mean?
However though I modify the client, the server send always the IP packets related to houses and things like that, so the bandwidth used remain the same.

Draxus

Wanderer
"idk" means "I don't know"

Valo I see your point.... I switched to 56k for a week and it drove me nuts :rolleyes:. SO, that wouldn't be such a bad idea...

Sorry, I just had to see it from your point of view :D

chro

Wanderer
bzk90 said:
u could always idk, ur kirrios client

i don't understand what you mean, but i don't realy see how a clientside modification would improve the bandwidth usage I might be totaly wrong, but anything the client would do, he'd allways have to recieve all the packet first. then he may feel free to ignore'em, but that would just save very low resources to the client. :confused:

Waverian

Wanderer
chro said:
i don't understand what you mean, but i don't realy see how a clientside modification would improve the bandwidth usage I might be totaly wrong, but anything the client would do, he'd allways have to recieve all the packet first. then he may feel free to ignore'em, but that would just save very low resources to the client. :confused:

When he spoke of using Krrios' Client, he was making a retort to the comment regarding lag near custom house.

KUOC uses minimal house rendering while viewing the house externally. Meaning you won't see a large portion of the walls or other such things.