RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[idea] spawns and NPC control center

Chosen

Wanderer
[idea] spawns and NPC control center

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a spawns and NPC control center?

In a gump where every spawn on our world would be listed and when we asked for details, it would tell us the type of spawn, number of NPC's spawned and so on. It'd also include a way to turn on/off that spawn, go there immediately. This way, we would have total control over the spawns and if something went wrong ,instead of trying to remember where we put the spawn, we would open this gump, go there and fix it.

Also maybe a way to control the vendors(NPC)? Like changing the amount of items they sell, the type of items they sell, how many times they were accessed and so on...

These 2 gumps/systems would be very helpful to the shard admins and also world builders.

Phantom

Knight
Good Idea, I look forward to it.

Actually somebody did something similar to this, called an Advance Spawner, just gives you more options.

lordomega

Wanderer
Yes, that would be QUITE nice. I've lost count of how many times I've editted a spawner and then couldn't remember where I had placed it. It can be tedious when you begin to add 100's of spawners at a time.

Wolverana

Wanderer
this would indeed be a cool thing. not sure how changing or being able to control things would work but I do know that in sphere we could connect to a remote Axis server (or if you were on the server itself then locally) and had an option to see where all the spawns were. Granted now this was a function of Axis itself not the server but... I'm guessing that there had to be some way for it to read where all those spawns were to get that data which would be nice for sure.

Ability to see spawns on a map (little + signs in a color is what was used before), in a listing, search by name or type of spawn, and be able to go to that spawn would be top of my list for features anything else would be bonus! LOL

lordomega

Wanderer
You can find the spawners by looking at the home postion of the creature.

Unless they're set to a range. Then you're only taken to where it spawned, which could be from anywhere between 5 and 50 tiles, depending how far your spawn scopes out.

lordomega

Wanderer
Weird..doesn't work with my spawners exactly like that. Maybe it's an XMLspawner thing? I'll give it a try with the default spawners.

Regardless, this would be quite a neat feature and I look forward to seeing something perhaps in a future release.

psz

Administrator
As I've said a NUMBER of times...

The XMLSpawner does NOT allow use of [get home.

The XMLSpawner is NOT part of the RunUO Distro, and thus is NOT what 99% of people are talking about when talking about spawners.

To see where the spawner is with the XMLSpawner use the [xmlspawnershowall command.

This will turn the little hidden crystals into VERY LARGE BRIGHT BLUE ship masts.

PLAYERS CAN DOUBLE CLICK THE MASTS TO EDIT THE SPAWNER. You have been warned.

Chosen

Wanderer
a spawns and NPC control center... Did I ever mention XMLSpawners? I'd just love to have some kind of a control center.

Chosen

Wanderer
no problem. Though you reminded me, I should look into those xml spawners, and the advanced spawner thingie...

yowyow

Wanderer
i like to see spawners based on xml region files. instead of a range, they walk in a region defined in a xml file, thats how it is on osi, i've double checked :) if runuo ever becomes osi exact, this must be added in

Fury

Wanderer
somebody wrote a findspawns command... usage .findspawns <name of npc> would list every spawner in the world with that name in it.. would be easy enough to edit the code to show every spawner.