RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing old textures/tiles: Not scaling?

Safera

Page
I'm trying to import all old tiledata/textures, etc. from an outdated mul file.

I opened and compared both in UOFiddler and copied over all images.

However, when I login, any new graphics, like the new mountain graphics, do not scale. So instead of hills and mountains, all I see are elevated tiles...with no side textures (see uploaded screenshot).

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Someone thought that you cannot use Fiddler to copy over tiledata.mul info, rather you had to convert it and open it in Excel to copy over the entries. I have had no luck with this as when I convert my original tiledata.mul to a text file using Mulpatcher, it looks like it missed some of the lines and the tilenames are garbled. When I try using UOFiddler to export tiledata.mul as a .cvs, it comes out empty. (I do have the old tiledata.mul in .txt format - see attachment).

So, is there something else to export tiledata.mul into something openable in Excel?

Once again, the second question doesn't matter if someone can help me find the answer to the first.

Thanks.

Attachments

• altitudeproblems.jpg
    altitudeproblems.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 16
  • TileMap.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

Safera

Page
SOLVED: The problem is in the TileData.mul file.

Tiledata cannot be transferred using UOFiddler's compare plugins, which is what I tried to do initially.

You have to export the Tiledata to LandData.csv and then make the changes manually in a text editor and then re-import the .csv via UOFiddler again...save, save tiledata...and it will produce a working tiledata.mul, which can then be copied over to your server.