RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-game Customizable Regions in a Box [V3.6]

Trixie

Wanderer
hcker2000 said:
Could you make a way to set the regions priority that way your could make over laping regions. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about but if not just ask hehe :D

it already does this, it has highest, high, medium, low, town, and inn priorities.
*smiles*
Thanks Asayre8, the update is terrific.

akrondar

Wanderer
wow... what a great work you have done!!! :D :D

:) :) :) :)

uhmmmm, maybe a damage modifier cuold be interesting, o resistances modificator, by zone i mean... you culd have a zone where magic is very powerfull, and hardcore zones to battle.. or hunting...

just a thought XD XD

ASayre

RunUO Developer
hcker2000 said:
Cool stuff where can i find the setings for that?

[props ;-) Normally REgions have an int settable as far as priority, but, I wanted it to be an Enum so that way people would know where the priority for it is in relation to the other priorities.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
totally awsome system, I've seen a good many systems come and go here but this one rates up there with the harvest, shrink (nice job there btw) and pet bonding (nice job on that one too)

a few questions though,

1 - on the props menu, what is "Allow Spawns" ? I figured it meant spawners but while set to false things still spawn.

2 - I believe I need a region controller for each reagion to edit, is this true?

3 - can this be used to edit existing regions such as Britain and such?

I love the fact that you can set the music, I was never a big fan of the uo music til I started adding my own, so this makes it 10 times easier.

So far I've used this to add guards to my vendor mall, the mall consists of a house though which has a seporate region,

4 - if I set the region priority high enough will it override the house region?

5 - if so, how high does it need to be?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Ok question 4 and 5 are null as I found that the house priority IS the highest so to override this I'd have to make a new priority (higher than houses)

ASayre

RunUO Developer
KillerBeeZ said:
totally awsome system, I've seen a good many systems come and go here but this one rates up there with the harvest, shrink (nice job there btw) and pet bonding (nice job on that one too)

a few questions though,

1 - on the props menu, what is "Allow Spawns" ? I figured it meant spawners but while set to false things still spawn.

I'm /guessing/ that's what it means... I onl added it cause I saw an option for it in the Region class. I believe that's what it's also supposed to do, but I don't think that the spawner actually CALLS that function, which may be a bug in RunUO. I'll investigate more and see if it's a problem with my code or RunUO's code after class

2 - I believe I need a region controller for each reagion to edit, is this true?

For each /different/ region with different rule sets, yes, you need a different Region Control. If you want a bunch of different areas with the same rule-set, you can use just one region controller if you wish.

3 - can this be used to edit existing regions such as Britain and such?
No, the Regions in a box create a new region which by default will have a higher priority than Britain.

I love the fact that you can set the music, I was never a big fan of the uo music til I started adding my own, so this makes it 10 times easier.

So far I've used this to add guards to my vendor mall, the mall consists of a house though which has a seporate region,

4 - if I set the region priority high enough will it override the house region?

5 - if so, how high does it need to be?

(also in response to your reply after this...) I believe that the Max limit for Priorities is 150, whichc is what the HousePriority (And Highest Priority) are. this setting is in the core and I don't bleieve it to be overridable.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Okays, looking at the spawner code, & looking at my code...

If Region.AllowSpawn() does what We all think it should... Then it's a bug with RunUO. (Spawner not checking to see if the region allows spawn).

I've reported the bug and stuff so they can confirm if it's a bug or not, but, I think it's a bug with RunUO right now ;-)

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Okay, looked into it a bit more.. AllowSpawn DOES work, But, only when the spawner is OUTSIDe of the region. If the spawner is inside the region, and it tries to spawn a creature and it lands inside where the region is...

It'll just create the Mobile at the location of the spawner.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
ASayre8 said:
Okay, looked into it a bit more.. AllowSpawn DOES work, But, only when the spawner is OUTSIDe of the region. If the spawner is inside the region, and it tries to spawn a creature and it lands inside where the region is...

It'll just create the Mobile at the location of the spawner.

ok if your saying what I think you are, then this would be good for keeping monsters that dont belong in the region from spawning inside the region, I am guessing it will still allow monsters not spawned outside the region to walk into it, either way its good for keeping a newbie area a little safer.

I am quite sure I can think of a dozen other ways it can be useful.

bleis

Sorceror
Totaly wonderfull and very usefull script, but I have a problem with the lightlevel, because if I use your regioncrontrol, I will loos the global light in that region, can you make it so that you can switch lightlevel on and off, not just set it....

ASayre

RunUO Developer
bleis said:
Totaly wonderfull and very usefull script, but I have a problem with the lightlevel, because if I use your regioncrontrol, I will loos the global light in that region, can you make it so that you can switch lightlevel on and off, not just set it....

I'll change it then so that if the number is a negative number (-1 is the most common number fo rte job but i'll have any negative number) It'll just call the Base LightLevel :). Gimmie a day cause it's starting to get late here.

Thanks fer the Suggestions!

ASayre

RunUO Developer
KillerBeeZ said:
ok if your saying what I think you are, then this would be good for keeping monsters that dont belong in the region from spawning inside the region, I am guessing it will still allow monsters not spawned outside the region to walk into it, either way its good for keeping a newbie area a little safer.

I am quite sure I can think of a dozen other ways it can be useful.

You can always set "CannotEnter" to true and then let players in with a teleporter that doesn't teleporter monsters in so that way it can prevent 'em from wandering in :)

bleis

Sorceror
found bad bug !!!!

if you restart the server all teh region controles set them selv to true in guardzone, insted of staying to false

ASayre

RunUO Developer
V 3.2

Version 3.2

4/17 [3.2]:
Allowed the Region to just use the default light level... Set LightLevel to a negative number.

Fixed bugs where the Saved Guarded status would, after restart, become the opposite of what it was before.

Please re-download & remember to Post any bugs or Suggestions :)

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Phoric said:
Good stuff! I have a suggestion, perhaps an option to disallow recalling in certain areas.

You can already do that since version 1. Just disallow The use of the Recall spell!

thedavil

Wanderer
Actually I think he means disabling recalling from a different area into that region. If it's not possible already the simplest way would be to just disable the mark spell in that region...this is assuming that people don't already have runes into that area.

-Davil the Dark
AEther Storm Shard

ASayre

RunUO Developer
thedavil said:
Actually I think he means disabling recalling from a different area into that region. If it's not possible already the simplest way would be to just disable the mark spell in that region...this is assuming that people don't already have runes into that area.

You can use "CannotEnter" so they can't get in even if they DO have a rune. And then allow the only way into it with Teleporters (cause Teleporters don't check the CannotEnter thing, as intended)

Avelyn

Sorceror
Asayre8, this is such an awesome script. I would let you have my first born if you could somehow find a way to override a housing region! This script is exactly what I need for so many ideas except that a badly placed house in the middle screws it all up! Also, is there any way you could add a visual reference while setting the area? When you try to make a big bounding box you can really get lost. I know the XML spawner uses the flamestrike anim outline the spawn area, anything like that to show the box to Admins would be incredibly helpful even if it's just for a min or so after creating the area so you could run around and make sure it gets everything in you need it to.

Thanks!