RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPY Shard

mungrin

Sorceror
IPY Shard

Hi,Im new to all of this and would like to make a pre UOR shard like IPY except i dont know crap about all this script stuff.I did wolfpack back in the day but the script on Runuo looks much more complicated.Is there anywhere i could just dwnload a complete spawnable world instead of typing out all that script?

Thorax

Wanderer
the distro comes with all the towns spawned already. there are several packages wich you can download(as soon as that section is completed, due to site update) that have been prespawned. Personally i find when you spawn the world yourself it is much more fulfilling then having it already there. that and you know there isnt a vendor stuck in a display case somewhere, which seems to happen more times than not (with the distro)

mungrin

Sorceror
my main thing is i want dungeons ant the spawns in them and i want insta hit.i doing this shard for my family and they are use to old UO and i want to try and make it like that.The vendors already on the shard are frin.I want the monsters though.

juani

Wanderer
runuo comes with instahit, and about the spawns u will ahve to wait till the site is fully operational and download one of those osi-like prespawned worlds from the script submissions forum.

mungrin

Sorceror
i use Run Uo and no i dont have insta hit i put on my weap and i gotta wait for it to hit.I also hate all this AoS crap i wish i could just downlaod a pre UOR shard

Phantom

Knight
Nothing you can change in the default script will add Instant Hit.

You have to script Instant Hit from scratch.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Of course you're right, but I think he's calling PreUOR= No trammel rulesets. IPY is kind of a bastardization of PRE UO3D and Seige Perilous rules.