RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Item Script Generator

kmekc

Wanderer
Could you please give an example of how line 14 should look to make scripts save directly to HD? Thanks

Code:
private static string m_ScriptDirectory = "."; // Directory where to store your newly generated scripts

As Nockar already said just replace the point with the directory path you wish. It is also possible to use a relative path as like as "./Data/Scripts" for example. The relative path is always from the working directory view of your Server.exe. So by default it should be your RunUO directory.

michelle78

Sorceror
Nockar's example worked perfectly. I attempted to input the incorrectly a couple times and was getting a fail on script generating. All is well now with his example.

i wrote everything just like Nockar's example but still get script failed and i have the version that was modified dont know what i am doing wrong. and i was wondering if you can use this for mobs how would you go about it

As Nockar already said just replace the point with the directory path you wish. It is also possible to use a relative path as like as "./Data/Scripts" for example. The relative path is always from the working directory view of your Server.exe. So by default it should be your RunUO directory.

I did this and i still get the "script failed" message i went back on a previous post and the suggestion there had already been done on the one i have so i really dont know where to go from here

kmekc

Wanderer
If you set the output folder to your custom folder, yes.

I myself just use it for saving the time with copy&paste. And often you want to add more details to your generated scripts. And you still need a restart, even when you put your scripts directly to your customs folder

i dont get a error message just when i try [genscript <sword> or whatever i get the crosshair and click my item and then get the scripting failed message

kmekc

Wanderer
Did you typed ingame "[genscript <sword>" or "[genscript sword" ?

The comparative characters are placeholders to show you should replace this with your choosen classname e.g. "[genscript MyNewSword". Then a script calles "MyNewSword.cs" will be generated. If you type it with comparative characters, windows gets into trouble as it is not possible to use special characters for file names. And as statet above you should have also an error message at your console.

yeah i put in the <> and as far as the error message i have no idea all i know in game it said scripting failed but i will try that and see if it works it should and if you have a modifide script to where i can do the mobs as well i would be interested in it i am still to new to do the mods myself i get confused easly as i am still learning c#

kmekc

Wanderer
Try it without the <>. And the actual script linked in the opening post (v1.2) has support for NPCs.

i just tried doing a mob of a mob i had already had scripted but the new script is nothing like the original at all is there a way to fix it to where it would have everything that the curent mob has. ( basicly just copy the origanal mob exactly as it was scripted so when i use a base mob and customize it in game and use genscript it will be just how i want it or is that going to be over my head lol