RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Items just wont go transparent! Ahhhh!

Macil

Sorceror
Items just wont go transparent! Ahhhh!

I've looked through just about every property I can find and when I type [add item ---- to make a wall in the game (the only way I know how to) the walls wont go transparent on circle of transparency. All I can think of is that the game actually thinks it's an item, not a wall. Is there a way to add a wall wall so the game knows to make it see-through on transparency? I was also curious if there was a faster way to build on a shard. Typing Ctrl+Q every time I want a wall, or typing another wall's ID is tiring and takes forever. And finally I was wondering if there was a way to add things with a TileID. Sorry for my longness, but it is driving me absolutely mad trying to figure this out, heh.

psz

Administrator
[tile static <itemid>

Click the beginning side of the wall, click the finished side.

This will create a line of wall

Also, the transparency thing is a client limitation, not a RunUO script problem.

TileIDs cannot be added in game, only ItemIDs. TileIDs are part of the map itself.

psz

Administrator
That will, of course, require that you create a patch that ALL of your players would have to use.

psz

Administrator
It takes any item and "freezes" it to the UO Client .mul and .map files. This reduces lag sometimes, and allows for the transparencey.

However, as I said, *ALL* of your players would be required to download the modified files if they want to play on your server.