RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiru - Ultima Online Client File Updater

Bittiez

Sorceror
I am ready to show the world Kiru, It is at version 2.0 2.2 at the time of this post.

What is kiru? In short: UO Client File Updater
In length: This is a client side program that checks with a server for more up-to-date files, if there are new files it will automatically download them and replace them in the clients UO folder.

So lets say you add a new dungeon to your map, your players open the updater, it sees the new file and replaces the old one with the new one from the server, now your players stay up-to-date(all of them, not the "miss and hit" it is now days with players that actually download everything they are supposed to vs the players that don't care and try to play as fast as they can and end up having issues down the road)
Not to mention it makes map and hue updates much easier to distribute(And most likely a lot more often, meaning more new places and colors for your players!)

More information can be found at the official website: http://uokiru.com

milva

Sorceror
This UO Client File Updater
sounds very nice I'm sure there are alot of servers who would be interested in this :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
Thank you, I am actually rewriting a new version of this to be more customize-able for shard owners :)

gunkar

Sorceror
Hi there when i try to register for download it gives me:

Please correct the following errors:

1. Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.
I'm unable to register :( i would like to try it...

Bittiez

Sorceror
Hi there when i try to register for download it gives me:

Please correct the following errors:

1. Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.
I'm unable to register :(i would like to try it...

Disabled registration requirements