RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krrios alot slower (running) Than regular client?

L

LordExpunge

Krrios alot slower (running) Than regular client?

Anyone else having this issue? Is there something I've set up wrong? I remember I used to be able to run so much faster in the older betas.. What happened?

Dipset

Wanderer
I always though I was running slow but I think it just looks that way. If I run next to my friend who lives in the same town (not much of a ping difference) we run side by side and he uses the OSI client.

L

LordExpunge

Thing is, I'm being outrun by pretty much everyone on Krrios.. No problems with default + Razor though.. I dunno what the deal is :(

Debugger

Wanderer
Wich is your PC ?

Here is running very slow too, and seems it's resincronizing every time, because it walks 3 steps, stop and run 3 again, and so on, and the mouse, omg the mouse is veryyyyyyyy slow.

L

LordExpunge

I'm running an OC'd AMD64 3000+ (2.5ghz) with an X800XL and a WD Raptor hard drive. I honestly dont believe it's my lack of processing power that's holding me back, considering the client ran great in older betas. Are those older betas around still? Maybe I'll just use an older one and see if it solves the problem.

C

Chaos

Reinstall KUOC into a different folder on your hard drive.

IE - if its in C:\Krrios' Client, reinstall (dont just copy the files, actually re-download and reinstall) to like C:\KUOC

Guarantee thatll fix it.

L

LordExpunge

Well it's currently installed in the "Play UO" folder, but I'll give a reinstall a shot.

L

LordExpunge

Razor still runs alot faster.. Why is it that Razor has a smoothwalk option (No lag running) and Krrios doesn't? (Not talking about the smooth walk that Krrios currently has)

I just hate being held back by my 120 ping :\

My thought? Well have you ever tried any of the speedhacks available, namely Velocity?

Krrios has a very similar affect, infact Identical to what I was getting when I tried getting Velocity to work. I could walk as if I was the host, at an incredible pace, only the thing was, I wasnt where I thought I was... I was WAAAYYY back, lagging.

Krrios and that speedhack were indentical. =/

Augustus

Wanderer
i had this exact same problem before i got a new computer. i never figured it out, but i'd suppose it has something to do with your computer rather than your internet connection.

Zynx

Wanderer
Me and a friend chose a long open strip, ran side by side, and she definently ran quicker when I used the Krrio's client. When I used Razor though, I ran slightly quicker.

I really want to use the Krrio's client...but it is out of the question if I can't run very quick. I've tried Smooth Movement True/False, Old Movement True/False. However, when I use Old Movement, I run for about 4 steps, then my character stops. At that point I cant do anything, I cant even speak - basically its acting as if I've lagged, and it never comes out of it.

Are there any other Settings besides Old Movement / Smooth Movement that I could try? Would Encryption Fix, Incoming Fix (set to false) or Send Update Range (set to true) or last server or extend protocol affect any of this?

Also, I see some posts about reinstalling, but I never had to install in the first place - there is no setup, all I had to do was extract the folder from the zip into my UO directory.