RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krrios client banned on IPY

Kline

Wanderer
Krrios client banned on IPY

This client has been banned on the shard I play (IPY), I'm unsure why as the shard admins are too up themselves to explain their reasons to the proles. I have heard that it lags people using OSI clients, but I can't confirm this, nor have I observed it myself.

I guess the upshot is that I won't be using it any longer, which is a shame as I far preferred using it to the clapped out old client we have all been using for years.

Should anyone running IPY deign to answer my queries, I'll post the info. Otherwise, just informing that if you play my shard, don't bother getting Krrios for the time being.

Phantom

Knight
Re: Krrios client banned on IPY

Kline said:
This client has been banned on the shard I play (IPY), I'm unsure why as the shard admins are too up themselves to explain their reasons to the proles. I have heard that it lags people using OSI clients, but I can't confirm this, nor have I observed it myself.

I guess the upshot is that I won't be using it any longer, which is a shame as I far preferred using it to the clapped out old client we have all been using for years.

Should anyone running IPY deign to answer my queries, I'll post the info. Otherwise, just informing that if you play my shard, don't bother getting Krrios for the time being.

It doesn't cause lag.

The reason IPY banned is because its ran by people that have no idea how to run a shard correctly. Otherwise if they did they would have never had their accounts file posted on the web.

Krrios as stated that it will be awhile before he has time for his client ( I believe ) but that might be just the sdk he doesn't have time to update.

But he is updating it, but I don't think he has updated it very much as its darn good as is :)

oh my god I'm pissed. I can't believe this shit. The Krrios client is great, those fucking shitheads at IPY are total idiots. IPY fucking sucks. The PvP mechanics are totally fucked in half, they can't get anything right. If you're looking for Pre-Ren, don't come to IPY.

IPY

First of all, IPY doesn't suck and is constantly being worked on to improve its stability and game play. If you play on IPY then you know that it isn't a perfect server yet, but it is a very fun server to play on.

Obviously thousands of people play on the server each day and more and more people are coming every day. Before you start barking and bad mouthing IPY, you might want to try it yourself and see first hand how much fun the Shard really is.

P.S. Did I mention that it is free to play on IPY?????

psz

Administrator
Name a RunUO shard that ISN'T free :-P

And in case you didn't notice, most of the people bitching and badmouthing *DID* play on IPY.

Quantos

Lord
psz said:
Name a RunUO shard that ISN'T free :-P

And in case you didn't notice, most of the people bitching and badmouthing *DID* play on IPY.

DID is past tense for a reason, trust me.

Kline

Wanderer
I play on IPY. I like it there for the most part and shall be staying. The thing I was narky about was trying to get an answer from admins there as to exactly why this client is being banned. After a good week of trying to get an answer from someone actually responsible for the decision, I am still drawing a blank, and have to rely on the testimony of a few halfwits who are merely jumping on the ban train without proof or thought.
If some sort of evidence were tendered, I might be more inclined to accept it, but it has not. Furthermore, if there were problems with the client, and they were brought into the light, it would probably increase the chances of their being dealt with in the next version. I'm just pissed I can't use my choice of client atm and I'm being treated like a mushroom.

Having used this client a while without having seen any of the "bad" effects said to emanate from it, I fail to see what the problem actually is.
I've even talked to Krrios in my quest, and he said he doesn't belive his client causes lag to others.

This isn't a post to bash IPY, just a post to inform and perhaps a little frustration has leaked around the edges.

Quantos

Lord
About half of the players on my shard use Krrios client, it's not a huge client base, but no lag has been reported from it. The only thing I can think of is that somebody using Krrios client was making use of a bug on IPY, they attributed the bug to the client instead of their scripts. Thats pure speculation on my part. I quit IPY for an entirely different reason, and yes, there's some bitterness :)

Yes, they just banned the client to piss off the same guy who coded the server they run IPY on. Morons. Fact is people were exploiting a bug with the client to cause lag. I spoke with Rav personaly about this issue and he said he hopes they fix it but for now, this is the only solution.

I didnt ask much info but the bug has something to do with the ability to change your char type or gump in the client which in turn causes lag. this is either a runuo bug or a kirros client bug.... either way, its not ipy.

PS. anyone who uses this client just plain sucks at PVP period and has no room to bitch about IPY's minor problems. While this client could and prob will be amazing. the glitches i pointed out in a previous post make the client UNPLAYABLE for PVP.

Quantos

Lord
Tal` said:
PS. anyone who uses this client just plain sucks at PVP period and has no room to bitch about IPY's minor problems. While this client could and prob will be amazing. the glitches i pointed out in a previous post make the client UNPLAYABLE for PVP.

What do you have to back up such an argument, provide us with some information to validate your claim. You should include a link to your previous post.

First, let me start by saying how facinated I am with this project... the fact that something like this actually works is impressive enough; the fact that it performs well blows my mind. I would love to replace my client with this one in the very near future. Before I do, howerver; a few problems must be addressed.

1. This bad boy is a MEMORY HOG No clue how its memory footprint could be reduced but I hope this is on the todo list. This thing made windows auto increase my swap for more virtual memory while a guild fight was taking place.

2. Moving between the client and other windows often causes an extended lockup/freeze.

3. Pets (Demons) can't be renamed.

4. People and monsters sometime run around totally invisible. You can see them healing etc. but never see their bodies.

5. When using circle trans objects behind walls are unusable.

6. One of the more annoying nonserious bugs involves users health bars not staying up when going through a gate or getting too far apart. Should be an EASY fix.

7. Its almost impossible, if not impossible to target on the move. You need to stop then target. (Prob not an easy fix.... =( )

8. When casting spells, making the char freeze would prevent alot of jump lag/sync issues.

All i can think of for now Oh yeah.... ALWAYS RUN!!!! ;P

Kline

Wanderer
Tal:the bit about your discussion with Rav I found particularly fascinating. If only they were so forward with their actual playerbase as to explain a little when they make a decree.

As to your criticisms of the client, I dont find they bother me a lot. The OSI client has some really irritating things about it too.

I thought I was a bad PvPer because I'm not very good at PvP, but if you are right, I can just blame it on the client. Thanks.

Let's see here. Eight problems are listed, and most have virtually nothing to do with PvP.

I don't know... hey Quantos, is that enough information to validate his claims?

Not to start flaming or anything, but perhaps when the issue is a client being unplayable for PvP, losing objects behind walls and not being able to name pets doesn't strike me as much of a PvP barrier...

I've spent my two cents here.

Let's see here. Eight problems are listed, and most have virtually nothing to do with PvP.

I don't know... hey Quantos, is that enough information to validate his claims?

Not to start flaming or anything, but perhaps when the issue is a client being unplayable for PvP, losing objects behind walls and not being able to name pets doesn't strike me as much of a PvP barrier...

I've spent my two cents here.

1. This bad boy is a MEMORY HOG No clue how its memory footprint could be reduced but I hope this is on the todo list. This thing made windows auto increase my swap for more virtual memory while a guild fight was taking place.
----------------------------------

yeah because this thing slows to a crawl in groups of 10 or more...
no pvp issues there.

2. Moving between the client and other windows often causes an extended lockup/freeze.
most pvp don't use IRC or another outside method of comunication....
no pvp issues there.

3. Pets (Demons) can't be renamed.
-----------------------------------
just a bug i posted.

4. People and monsters sometime run around totally invisible. You can see them healing etc. but never see their bodies.
----------------------------------------------------

its great getting ebolted by people you cant attack back....
no pvp issues there.

5. When using circle trans objects behind walls are unusable.

also great not being able to target someone who runs behind a wall.
ok now im just begining to think your an idiot. NO PVP ISSUES HERE.

6. One of the more annoying nonserious bugs involves users health bars not staying up when going through a gate or getting too far apart. Should be an EASY fix.
----------------------------------------
not being able to see my mates health bars in a guild fight.... yeah no worries they can heal themselves right? no pvp issues here.

7. Its almost impossible, if not impossible to target on the move. You need to stop then target. (Prob not an easy fix.... =( )
----------------------------------------------
yeah, this is a tough one. i love never being able to get a para off while people are running from me. not to mention teleport running. no pvp issues here.

8. When casting spells, making the char freeze would prevent alot of jump lag/sync issues.
-------------------------------------
more lag to deal with while pvping... no issues here.................

All i can think of for now Oh yeah.... ALWAYS RUN!!!! ;P
-------------------------------
love moving my mouse curser to close for a split sec to get hally wacked with DP because i walked for a split sec.... no pvp issues here.

idiots.

1. OSI client is also a memory hog, no difference. Everyone deals with it, so we're mostly on equal turf. Unless you have an ancient machine, no PVP issue there.

2. How about, when in a PvP scenario, you don't pop between windows? No PvP issue there.

Call me a moron, I'll turn you inside out. Verbally, of course. I don't recall being rude, so tone it down. Justify your claims, don't be an ass about it.

3. Justifyable, I'm glad you didn't try to call it a PvP issue. I'd have to wonder about your intelligence otherwise.

4. Yeah, get rude about one that obviously -was- an issue. I said MOST of them weren't. Fool. (Notice -now- I'm being rude? Yeah, do unto others...)

5. You said OBJECTS were unusable, you didn't say you couldn't target MOBILES. Be clearer about things, or else you make yourself the idiot when you justify a claim that you didn't even mention.

6. Yes, huge PvP issue. Because I mean, heaven forbit you take three seconds to grab the health bar again. I hope this happens IN party mode, because it will happen to people not in your party in any client.

7. Oh, a tiny bit more lag. Yes, this will certainly make a massive difference in the scheme of things. Oh, wait... what about the time you spend frozen while casting and your target runs up and smacks you, or runs away while you can't move. Your fix to a PvP issue, just creates a new one. So, does this one matter all that much?

8. Not really a PvP issue, and issue of if you can't use your mouse properly, that's not a fault of the client. I have personaly never had this issue, but then again I'm pretty good with the pointer. IMO.

Anyway, in future when someone questions your claims, and your justifications in turn are questioned, stop and think. Maybe your claims a) didn't make sense, or b) you didn't defend them very well. In either case, be civil, not an ass, and people won't learn to hate you. I for one wish you all the worst, for simply being a dick when I questioned your claims, and all you had to do was say "OH sorry, guess I wasn't clear. Here are the specifics" opposed to here, this is why, you moron. Got it, you moron?

There, two more cents. Now people, leave me be and always back up your claims with solid reasoning. It makes us more credible. =P

psz

Administrator
1. OSI client is also a memory hog, no difference. Everyone deals with it, so we're mostly on equal turf. Unless you have an ancient machine, no PVP issue there.

OSI client uses far less memory, but far more CPU. Just to clarify ;->

And, for the record, there's a reason it's called a *BETA*, folks.

It's not FINISHED. It's far from finished. It has a long ways to go before it's finished.

hehe, true. Either way it causes a rather life sucking effect on the system at times. ;)

*watches his CPU usage spike to 100%*

EA sucks. But keep it a secret. They don't want the world to know...