RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lag when playing as a player

Archaaz

Sorceror
I have noticed a considerable amount of lag when playing with the access level set to "player" as opposed to "owner." When playing as an owner, there is no noticeble lag, but when playing as a player, things seem to slow down quite a bit. It seems as though the map is taking longer to scroll, especially when running. I have also noticed that switching from owner to player with the StaffOrb will occasionally cause a character to run at about half speed (looks like running, but moving at about walking speed), which then carries over to owner access until the server is rebooted.

I am using a customized map, a somewhat altered version of Felucca. This is also not a live shard, still in the works, thus I am the only user at the moment. Does anyone know what might be causing this, and what I might do to solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

Archaaz

Sorceror
Ok, I set FastWalkPrevention to false in PlayerMobile and this solved the "lag" issue. Unfortunately, it seems that without FastWalkPrevention the characters runs at about the same speed as when mounted. With FastWalkPrevention the game is "laggy" to the extent that it is almost unplayable with access set to player. Is there a way to make player walking speed a bit slower without using FastWalkPrevention, and in such a manner that is gameplay is smooth? Thanks.

m309

Squire
This happens only when switching from Owner to Player from what I've noticed. If you change your access level to Player, log off, then log back on (as Player) you don't lag.

Archaaz

Sorceror
This happens only when switching from Owner to Player from what I've noticed. If you change your access level to Player, log off, then log back on (as Player) you don't lag.

Ah, thanks a lot! That was the problem. Works perfectly now.