RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

less gumps and more fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
More fun with workers, less meaningless windows

Well,

performing work skills on UO today is something like clicking on a random and eventual incoherent tool hitting lots of buttons on a semi transparent window, and voi la.

I think this should be changed, take a look on Ultima XII and even the disgusting Avatar-has-armor-but-hes-naked Ultima XIII and you see how make bread and learn new recipes was fun.

I believe that if instead of a souless and standard clicking board we could actually craft with clicks workers would be even more fun to play with.

Like instead of clicking buttons you combine ingredients directly and with some *descriptive actions * and maybe some new noises you add a whole new dimension to crafts.

Some of them like tailoring are almost fine could be better if you needed to combine your kit with the fabric you wanted to turn into a piece of costume bsides this is fun because you actually go from step to step

But those like cooking are terrible, just meaningless buttons.

well.. enough of my ranting, I hope another rplayer like me but a damn good coder UNLIKE me, can take care of this. It would be wonderful

Thanx

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
ye i see what you mean, i never thought about it, well if i could i would help but just atm i'm learning, i hope you find someone because this would be a good thing in runuo 2.0 if there was time to implement it.

thanks for bringing it to everyones attention.
good luck m8

Kieran

Kamron

Knight
this is not OSI... so it should not be in the suggestions forum for RunUO. You are welcome to do this for your own shard though, or to submit it to the forums.

Jeff

Lord
MeddeMarigald said:
take a look on Ultima XII and even the disgusting Avatar-has-armor-but-hes-naked Ultima XIII a
and I thought they only made up to Ultima IX, I had no idea they even had 10, 11, 12, and 13. Damn where have I been. I do like the "disgusting Avatar-has-armor-but-hes-naked" they had in Ultima VII and VIII tho :):):):)

viront

Sorceror
Hehe, I thought it only went to Ultima 9. I've been thinking of making a beginning for players like martian worlds where you start in a spaceship and sigmund freud is there telling you your a woman cause you don't like syscrapers...

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Sorious said:
and I thought they only made up to Ultima IX, I had no idea they even had 10, 11, 12, and 13. Damn where have I been. I do like the "disgusting Avatar-has-armor-but-hes-naked" they had in Ultima VII and VIII tho :):):):)

There isn't an Ultima 10,11,12 and 12

The guy can't write in Roman Numericals, for shit.

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Sorius:
"and I thought they only made up to Ultima IX, I had no idea they even had 10, 11, 12, and 13. Damn where have I been."

Seanchen:
"The guy can't write in Roman Numericals, for shit."

XxSP1DERxX:
"Thats why Sorious was making fun of him :\"

Great way to welcome someone into the community...
The guy has 11 posts.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Ilutzio said:
Seanchen:

XxSP1DERxX:

The guy has 11 posts.

My statement was meant to be mean, its the truth, he doesn't know how to write Roman Numerical values.

If you don't know, look them up, if you don't want do that. Just don't use them. I didn't make fun of him, I just said he doesn't know how to write Roman Numericals.

Was your post really required? Did you really have to give us your thoughts on the subject. In the future just report the post, because at this point, I feel you did more harm then I did.

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Seanchen:
In the future just report the post, because at this point, I feel you did more harm then I did.

I coulden't have reported you post because it alone was not really rude.

I commented on the way three of you (sean, sorius SP1DER) TOGETHER acted in this thread.
I feel that the three of you together was rude to this new member.

Sean: nothing bad, "can't write roman letters for shit" is kindof jokingly since the expression "for shit" is jokingly in itself.

Sorius: PERHAPS making fun of the guy, nowhere in his post could that be seen directly thou, only hinted.

SP1DER: Pointing out that sorius was making fun of the new member.

(edit: these three things combined made kindof an unwelcome athmosphere. in my opinion.)

My reason for posting: To just give everyone in the thread and who reads the thread a reminder that we should treat newcomers in a kind way.

The way i see it - there are 5 moderators and 5 admins, these coudlen't possibly check evey single post that is made, so members need to remind eachother about certain things once in awhile. I think this was a good time for a reminder.

edit #2: if anyone think i'm wrong about the last bit (the "members need to remind eachother"-bit) then please report my post to the moderators and have them straighten me out.

Jeff

Lord
Ilutzio said:
Sorius:
"and I thought they only made up to Ultima IX, I had no idea they even had 10, 11, 12, and 13. Damn where have I been."

Seanchen:

XxSP1DERxX:

The guy has 11 posts.
Calm your shit man, its was a small joke about roman numerals, if you take offence to that you got problems.

Ilutzio

Sorceror
I won't respond to that, 'casue that will lead to a response from you in return and then this thread will grow rapidly and in the end i will be the "flame war" starter.

Jeff

Lord
Ilutzio said:
I won't respond to that, 'casue that will lead to a response from you in return and then this thread will grow rapidly and in the end i will be the "flame war" starter.
My responce was a a correction of his post in a joking manor, i meant no mean response I just wanted a little laugh, and in turn maybe cause a little laugh. If he seriously has a issue with my little post then HE can take it up with the mods and HE can come forward and state that he felt it was mean, Until then you need to stop playing moderator and stick out of HIS business, if I offended you that much by making a small joking remarrk to his post then maybe YOU need to get a sense of humor or stop reading this thread.

If I seriously offended you with my post, I apologize to you but to no one else unless they have a valid reason why I should.

daat99

Staff member
Ilutzio said:
The way i see it - there are 5 moderators and 5 admins, these coudlen't possibly check evey single post that is made, so members need to remind eachother about certain things once in awhile. I think this was a good time for a reminder.

edit #2: if anyone think i'm wrong about the last bit (the "members need to remind eachother"-bit) then please report my post to the moderators and have them straighten me out.
Why don't you just send a pm to a moderator instead than?

Anyway this discussion is over since this thread shouldn't be posted here in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.