RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a original uo client

alekwdrake

Sorceror
Either that or want a way to make a sever that has only Felucca. If some of you are old enough or remember playing UO back in the day you used to have to lock your houses and the constant threat of death was always on your mind whether your were the one getting ganked or the one doing it lol. Luckily back then I had a really good support system of veteran family members to keep me safe unless I was going out on my own. Anyways I have been trying to find a original game client and so I can bring back the old days so to speak. One that had the original Haven and Magincia was still around and not destroyed. I honestly dont like all of the expansions Malas etc. etc. Just want Felucca and the original ruleset. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also I have a Mundains Legacy Client and I thought "Okay if I dont patch then it will be close". But the problem was that Britian land is messed up as in the NPCs are under the ground and then I was just gonna give in and patch but i cant patch. I tried my desktop icon and then when that failed I went to my UO directory in c:\program files\ ea games\ ultima online. It still wouldnt let me patch. After a bit of research on the net Did I read it right the older clients wont be able to patch now through EA? If so What i really need is an old original client I dont have to patch. That would be prefered. And If I get one what version of RunUO do I use to run it. Sorry I know this is long.

LordHogFred

Knight
Yes, old clients can no longer patch up.
If all you want is Fel then, as far as I know, the Fel map has been relatively unchanged over the years, unlike Tram. I think that Magincia may have been wrecked on Fel as well but that's the only major change I can think of. Haven doesn't exist in the Felucca map and is instead Occlo which is the original version of the island.
Honestly, if you can cope with New Magincia then using a new client and just deactivating all the other maps apart from Felucca is your best bet and definitely the easiest option.
If not then using Mondain's Legacy should be OK, are you using the latest version of RunUO (2.2)? If you are and you're still getting problems then you might need to update to the latest RunUO SVN.

Hope this helps :)

alekwdrake

Sorceror
Thanks and yes I have opted to use only Felucca and have changed the value in map definitions so I can have leaves on the trees in Fel.

Anyways can you please explain to me the difference between RunUO 2.2 etc and RunUO SVN. I have seen the SVN before but never downloaded it.

Also you can patch the older clients but need to find the patch files from where ever you can get them and then put them in manually lol. Kinda a pain actually. Done dozens of searches and only came up with a couple I could actually deal with lol.

Simon Omega

Traveler
What client you looking for: http://mirror.sphere.torfo.org/clients/
Many Many Clients on there.

You can always try to patch with the version you have installed. Open vercfg.cfg and change the host (server url) to patch.uo.eamythic.com 8888 then try to patch. can't no more than fail.

I have a copy of Ultima Online Renaissance and I can not get it to work with most servers. I have every copy between that and Anniversary copy after Samurai Empire.
I always use the downloaded 7.0.10.3 Client because I can't use Renaissance. I don't even think Sphere supports it any more, and I think POL server is dead.

alekwdrake

Sorceror
Its okay I reinstalled my version of ML and left it unpatched. Then deleted Trammel, added leaves to the trees in Fel. So its close to an original. Still having trouble doing away with the new house system. Want people to have to lock there doors, also when I try to edit out Trammel on the moongates I run into dozens of errors and so Im kinda stuck at that, as I dont know coding very well or what type of negative impact Ill have on the script by either commenting out a line in the code or just deleting it lol. Im running RunUO 2.0 Final Repack with an upatched version of ML so if you have any ideas about my issues let me know.

Simon Omega

Traveler
Its okay I reinstalled my version of ML and left it unpatched. Then deleted Trammel, added leaves to the trees in Fel. So its close to an original. Still having trouble doing away with the new house system. Want people to have to lock there doors, also when I try to edit out Trammel on the moongates I run into dozens of errors and so Im kinda stuck at that, as I dont know coding very well or what type of negative impact Ill have on the script by either commenting out a line in the code or just deleting it lol. Im running RunUO 2.0 Final Repack with an upatched version of ML so if you have any ideas about my issues let me know.

Here is mine (Attached Below). It also removes Magincia/New Magincia, New Haven, New Maginica, what ever those messed up parts of the map are now.
I replaced it with a gate to Ocllo (can be found north of the north most building: 3604, 2423, 49)

I only run Fel, Ish and Malas. But to teleport to Ish you have to use a shrine so they are removed from the moongates.

If you want Ish Uncomment this line and add it to the lists:
Code:
            count += MoonGen( PMList.Ilshenar );
        public static readonly PMList[] UORLists        = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] UORListsYoung    = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] LBRLists        = new PMList[] { Felucca, Ilshenar };
        public static readonly PMList[] LBRListsYoung    = new PMList[] { Felucca, Ilshenar };
        public static readonly PMList[] AOSLists        = new PMList[] { Felucca, Ilshenar, Malas };
        public static readonly PMList[] AOSListsYoung    = new PMList[] { Felucca, Ilshenar, Malas };
        public static readonly PMList[] SELists            = new PMList[] { Felucca, Ilshenar, Malas };
        public static readonly PMList[] SEListsYoung    = new PMList[] { Felucca, Ilshenar, Malas };
        public static readonly PMList[] RedLists        = new PMList[] { Felucca, Malas };
        public static readonly PMList[] SigilLists        = new PMList[] { Felucca };

Don't want Malas Comment out this line and remove it from the lists.
Code:
//            count += MoonGen( PMList.Malas );
        public static readonly PMList[] UORLists        = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] UORListsYoung    = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] LBRLists        = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] LBRListsYoung    = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] AOSLists        = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] AOSListsYoung    = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] SELists            = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] SEListsYoung    = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] RedLists        = new PMList[] { Felucca };
        public static readonly PMList[] SigilLists        = new PMList[] { Felucca };
If you want Magincia Back or you don't want Ocllo on the list change these lines:
Code:
                    /* Dynamic Z for Magincia to support both old and new maps. */
                    //new PMEntry( new Point3D( 3563, 2139, Map.Felucca.GetAverageZ( 3563, 2139 ) ), 1012010 ), // (New) Magincia
                    new PMEntry( new Point3D( 3604, 2423, 49 ), 1076027 ), // Replace Magincia with Ocllo

Side Note:
I also changed Character Creation to remove Maginica/Haven and add Ocllo. Works but it Displays information for Tram on the character creation. Not many CliLocs left for Felucca.
  1. Shows Ocllo on the map (Starts at Inn, and this is the default replacing New Haven).
  2. Still says Tram at the bottom of the Creation Screen (Cosmetic)
  3. New Haven Details in the Info to the right. That is pulled from a CliLoc and their is not detailed information for Ocllo.(Cosmetic)
  4. When a Client Fails to have a Map/Facet it tells them they are going to Tram, but they go to Felluca. (Cosmetic)
Code:
    private static void EventSink_CharacterCreated( CharacterCreatedEventArgs args )
    {
      // Cleanly Handle Malas in a Felucca & Malas only Shard
      CityInfo city = GetStartLocation( args, young );
      Map to_Map = Map.Felucca;
      if ( city.Map == Map.Malas )
      {
        to_Map = Map.Malas;
      }

newChar.MoveToWorld( city.Location, to_Map );
      Console.WriteLine( "Login: {0}: New character being created (account={1})", state, args.Account.Username );
      Console.WriteLine( " - Character: {0} (serial={1})", newChar.Name, newChar.Serial );
      Console.WriteLine( " - Started: {0} {1} in {2}", city.City, city.Location, to_Map.ToString() );

new WelcomeTimer( newChar ).Start();
    }

// We are in Felluca so set Ocllo
    private static readonly CityInfo m_NewHavenInfo = new CityInfo( "Ocllo", "Ocllo Bank", 3667, 2627, 0, Map.Felucca );

private static CityInfo GetStartLocation( CharacterCreatedEventArgs args, bool isYoung )
    {
      if( Core.ML )
      {
        //if( args.State != null && args.State.NewHaven )
        return m_NewHavenInfo;    //We don't get the client Version until AFTER Character creation

//return args.City;  TODO: Uncomment when the old quest system is actually phased out
      }

// Young can chose their City
      bool useHaven = false;

ClientFlags flags = args.State == null ? ClientFlags.None : args.State.Flags;
      Mobile m = args.Mobile;

switch ( args.Profession )
      {
        case 4: //Necro
        {
          if ( (flags & ClientFlags.Malas) != 0 )
          {
            return new CityInfo( "Umbra", "Mardoth's Tower", 2114, 1301, -50, Map.Malas );
          }
          else
          {
            useHaven = true;

new BadStartMessage( m, 1062205 );
            /*
            * Unfortunately you are playing on a *NON-Age-Of-Shadows* game
            * installation and cannot be transported to Malas.
            * You will not be able to take your new player quest in Malas
            * without an AOS client.  You are now being taken to the city of
            * Haven on the Trammel facet.
            * */
          }

break;
        }
        case 5:    //Paladin
        {
          //  Where is the love? Send Pallys to Luna.
          if ( (flags & ClientFlags.Malas) != 0 )
          {
            return new CityInfo( "Luna", "Paladin's Stopover", 977, 520, -30, Map.Malas );
          }
          else
          {
            useHaven = true;

new BadStartMessage( m, 1062205 );
            /*
            * Unfortunately you are playing on a *NON-Age-Of-Shadows* game
            * installation and cannot be transported to Malas.
            * You will not be able to take your new player quest in Malas
            * without an AOS client.  You are now being taken to the city of
            * */
          }

break;
        }
        case 6:    //Samurai
        {
          if ( (flags & ClientFlags.Tokuno) != 0 )
          {
            return new CityInfo( "Samurai DE", "Haoti's Grounds", 368, 780, -1, Map.Malas );
          }
          else
          {
            useHaven = true;

new BadStartMessage( m, 1063487 );
            /*
            * Unfortunately you are playing on a *NON-Samurai-Empire* game
            * installation and cannot be transported to Tokuno.
            * You will not be able to take your new player quest in Tokuno
            * without an SE client. You are now being taken to the city of
            * */
          }

break;
        }
        case 7:    //Ninja
        {
          if ( (flags & ClientFlags.Tokuno) != 0 )
          {
            return new CityInfo( "Ninja DE", "Enimo's Residence", 414,    823, -1, Map.Malas );
          }
          else
          {
            useHaven = true;

new BadStartMessage( m, 1063487 );
            /*
            * Unfortunately you are playing on a *NON-Samurai-Empire* game
            * installation and cannot be transported to Tokuno.
            * You will not be able to take your new player quest in Tokuno
            * without an SE client. You are now being taken to the city of
            * */
          }

break;
        }
      }

if( useHaven )
        return m_NewHavenInfo;
      else
        return args.City;
    }

I had to do a lot of looking and digging to get it to operate right. I hope these notes help you.

Attachments

• PublicMoongate.cs
    14.3 KB · Views: 9