RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Alchemy

Tru

Knight
Lost Alchemy

Appears to work as well with 1.0

Only 2 files were altered BasePotion.cs and Reagent.cs. If your using an altered Reagent.cs see the Reagent.cs Addition Text File.
If your using an altered BasePotion I just added new PotionEffects.
Otherwise both files I edited are here/in the zip.

There are 2 Items other than Reagents you need. The Ancient MortarPestle and the Dishing Stump (The dishing stump is basically the same to this system as a Forge is to Smithing and its actually edited out so you don't need it but can unedit it for use)
They were made to be Stealable Rares the code is in for that, it's just edited out

The Potions Include:
Asayres Shrink Potion (actually includes the whole system as I changed it to a BasePotion so it can be added to kegs next...not that Im even sure if its nessecary..its just a consistency thing SO IT DOESNT WORK WITH KEGS)
Tobyjug's Mana Potion (Tobyjug's Mana Potions..also a submission from the forum)
Corona's Revitalize Potion (Name came from Valdorans Quest but Coronas Potion never did anything now its a Full Refresh Potion...Max Stats)
Stacia's Super Potion (Simply adds 10 to all stats for 5 minutes)
Riktor's Repair Potion (Repairs any Armor or Weapon without durability loss)
Cody's Pet Resurrect Potion (Res a Bonded Pet from a Ghost)
Cody's Resurrect Potion (Res a Player from Thier corpse..basically sucks thier soul back into thier damaged body, reequips and removes corpse so theres no evidence. Of course this only works if the player is dead still.)
Ezra's Invisibility Potion (Simple invisibility..also includes Stealth and Greater Stealth Potions 10 steps and 15 steps)
Shaz'ars Elemental Potions
Earth: Summon an Earth Elemental from a dirt patch or fertile dirt (at least 20 but of course it can be changed)
Fire: Summon a Fire Elemental from any kind of forge, oven, campfire or heating stand
Water: Summon a Water Elemental from any kind of water source (I think I got them all)

Attachments

• LostAlchemy.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 954

ssalter

Account Terminated
1) very nice true...the only thing I've come across so far is your reagent.cs file. You added several new regs but the last two have the same ID, ie: [15]

a trivial thing to fix but some people'd get confused.

2) SuperPotion boosts by 10 instead of 5.

3) SuperRepair....confused me. It acts as a "super refresh", restoring max str/dex/int. :) Just misnamed?

4) Hmm, the repair potion does a full repair. I might make it do a 50% repair and create a SuperRepair that does 100%. That might be nice.

These lost alchemical items are great! Thanks.

Tru

Knight
ssalter said:
very nice true...the only thing I've come across so far is your reagent.cs file. You added several new regs but the last two have the same ID, ie: [15]

a trivial thing to fix but some people'd get confused.
Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out.

ssalter

Account Terminated
This may not be useful, but I went ahead and modified the RepairPotion/RepairTarget scripts and created partial repair ones.

My reasoning is that full repair potions could be -much- rarer items that way while still offering a partial repair potion that would be somewhat less rare. However, both are powerful potions since they repair without removing maxhits/maxhitpoints from the item.

Attached are four scripts. RepairPotion.cs & RepairTarget.cs are the modified ones. Usage of a RepairPotion will add up to 10 points to the Hits/Hitpoints of the weapon/armor item. FullRepairPotion.cs and FullRepairTarget.cs are the original scripts with just the description & message modified slightly.

I tested them on my shard a dozen or so times and could discern no unwanted side effects.

Attachments

• FullRepairPotion.cs
    1.3 KB · Views: 70
  • FullRepairTarget.cs
    2.1 KB · Views: 68
  • RepairPotion.cs
    1.3 KB · Views: 67
  • RepairTarget.cs
    2.7 KB · Views: 69

Evil Jason

Sorceror
One problem with this script in 1.0 (Shrink Pots in particular)

I didn't see any posts pertaining to this problem, so i figured that i'd mention it.

I was testing it out logged in as a player and if a player gets the target for the shrink potion and targets the ground it crashes the server.

Now I do realize that people with any sense in their heads wouldn't be targetting the ground, but i mention it due to the "moron factor" that shards have to deal with. Not to mention the "jerk factor".

Otherwise awesome script.

~Evil Jason

Jadis

Wanderer
thanks for the potions

First I wanted to say thank you for putting this together, it is exaclty what I was looking for for my server, it's saved me the trouble of making some ofthese potions and others I never would have thought of.

Second, I fixed on my server the crash bug with the shrink potion targeting the ground by changing :

Code:
// This class is using the Shrink system
		private class ShrinkCmdTarget : Target
		{
			public ShrinkCmdTarget() : base( 15, false, TargetFlags.None )
			{
			}

protected override void OnTarget( Mobile from, object targ )
			{
                             BaseCreature pet = targ as BaseCreature;
                          if ( pet.ControlMaster == from )
                                {
                                //this.Hue = 1170;     /// Set Active Hue Here
				ShrinkFunctions.Shrink( from, targ, false );
                                }
			}
		}

to :

Code:
// This class is using the Shrink system
		private class ShrinkCmdTarget : Target
		{
			public ShrinkCmdTarget() : base( 15, false, TargetFlags.None )
			{
			}

protected override void OnTarget( Mobile from, object targ )
			{
				if (targ is BaseCreature)
				{
					BaseCreature pet = targ as BaseCreature;
					if ( pet.ControlMaster == from )
					{
						//this.Hue = 1170;     /// Set Active Hue Here
						ShrinkFunctions.Shrink( from, targ, false );
					}
				}
			}
		}

Tru

Knight
Icedddragon said:
Tru i was thinking of buildign more onto alchemy, you mind if i use your potions as well when i make it?
Just so long as appropriate credit gets passed around (as I didn't make all the potions).

Ragnarok04

Wanderer
gah

I like the idea of the script, its jsut when i droped it into my customs folder it gave me a ton of errors, all of which stated "does not contain of definition of: blah blah". assistance please?

Tru

Knight
Ragnarok04 said:
I like the idea of the script, its jsut when i droped it into my customs folder it gave me a ton of errors, all of which stated "does not contain of definition of: blah blah". assistance please?
Could you maybe be a little more specific....as if you just dropped it in and tried to compile it you would get "already contains a definition for: blah blah".
There are 2 distro files that need replaced (if using a fresh install) or update your current versions.

Ragnarok04

Wanderer
Tru said:
Could you maybe be a little more specific....as if you just dropped it in and tried to compile it you would get "already contains a definition for: blah blah".
There are 2 distro files that need replaced (if using a fresh install) or update your current versions.

aight, where would i get these files at?