RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucid Nagual's << Advanced Archery >>

Greystar

Wanderer
Anvil said:
Ok, I didn't have the latest version installed, my bad. Thanks for the update. Shit, never do things in a hurry... I just screwed myself *sigh*... have to re-do my bowyer buy/sell menu... I deleted it by accident *laughs at self*

Lol, it happens... I prematurely posted the other 'fix' which made it so that the archerybutt couldnt find arrows/bolts in your backpack... this current fix works from what i can tell, weather the ammo is in your pack, in your quiver or in your quiver but your quiver is in your pack.

Mexifoo

Wanderer
!Installation Instructions:
Note: These instructions are for those that wish to save the Arrow Selections. The arrow selection stays at last setting untile reselected.

1. Getting you familiar with serialize/deserialization: Your serialization saves your bow info (arrow selection). Your deserialization reads your bow info (arrow selection) on boot up.
2. You can't have your script read your deserialization if it hasn't been saved. It simply doesn't contain the saved info yet. So understanding that we need to boot your shard without your serialization.
3. You want the shard to save the info (arrow selection) after boot up. So in order to do that, the serialization must be added before the boot up. You will be doing this without the deserialization, like this (look at the line commented out in blue):
Code:
        public override void Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
        {
            base.Serialize(writer);
            writer.Write((int) 0); // version

writer.WriteEncodedInt((int)m_ArrowType);
        }

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
        {
            base.Deserialize(reader);
            int version = reader.ReadInt();

[COLOR=blue]//[/COLOR]m_ArrowType = (ArrowType)reader.ReadEncodedInt();

if (Weight == 7.0)
                Weight = 6.0;
        }
4. After booting your shard, save it, and then shut it down.
5. Get rid of the brackets were commented out, and save the script. Look at the example:
Code:
        public override void Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
        {
            base.Serialize(writer);
            writer.Write((int)0); // version

writer.WriteEncodedInt((int)m_ArrowType);
        }

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
        {
            base.Deserialize(reader);
            int version = reader.ReadInt();

m_ArrowType = (ArrowType)reader.ReadEncodedInt();

if (Weight == 7.0)
                Weight = 6.0;
        }
6. Reboot your shard, save it and your done. If you follow these dirrections properly you will not have to delete any existing bows or composite bows, ect.
7. To remove these scripts you must reverse these directions. Save shard, comment out the serialization, save the script, reboot the server, save the server, shut down the server, comment out deserialization, save the script, reboot the server, and then save the server. Add in old scripts.

==================================================

I Dont understand what Scrip i add the // to but i think this is gonna be a great scrip yet again!:)

James4245

Wanderer
Works great, Only problem i had was with the elvenquiver, But i had already had one and your was a little different.. But i took care of the problem now all is working great

Works great, Only problem i had was with the elvenquiver, But i had already had one and your was a little different.. But i took care of the problem now all is working great
What problem are you talking about?
--------------------------------------------------------
it holds arrows and bolts and nothing else
A quiver is only supposed to hold arrows and bolts.

actualy if you ever played D&D the quiver of Elona also held spears, javelins and bows ;)

but there are standard quivers for short spears in RL also

Lord_Greywolf

actualy if you ever played D&D the quiver of Elona also held spears, javelins and bows ;)

but there are standard quivers for short spears in RL also
Interesting. Might you be hinting around about an Advanced Spear System? :) Sry I never thought about it holding the bows too. But if I did change it....should I make it to where it can only hold one bow at a time?

Also....I think I have a throwable spear script. Maybe I can come up with a way to auto-throw the spears from a quiver (when it is worn) while being attacked.

Sunshine

Wanderer
Hello

I was wondering is it possible to just use the base and elven quivers? I do now want the whole package just need the working elven quiver...

My thanks And I will await your or any ones repsonse

Sunshine

Hello

I was wondering is it possible to just use the base and elven quivers? I do now want the whole package just need the working elven quiver...

My thanks And I will await your or any ones repsonse
Hi Sunshine how R U? Well you would also need to edit your BaseRanged.cs.

Sunshine

Wanderer
I am great thanks and hope you are the same...

I thank you for a fast reply..and kind words.. :)

Will have to look into ..we are not sure what 2 will bring and hate to doo more mods to distro than HAVE to ..lol...ohh I think I shall need a USA care package...Tylenol anyone?

Sunshine

I am great thanks and hope you are the same...

I thank you for a fast reply..and kind words.. :)

Will have to look into ..we are not sure what 2 will bring and hate to doo more mods to distro than HAVE to ..lol...ohh I think I shall need a USA care package...Tylenol anyone?
That's why I used a CBaseRanged.cs so I didn't have to edit the distro one. I am trying to move away from those type of edits. In the experience system (that I am currently working on) I have been using Alien's Central Memory to bypass PlayerMobile edits :)

dragonlady

Sorceror
Hello can anyone tell me y me or my players can't put on anyone of the Quivery's, is there something im missing or didn't do?

dragonlady

Hello can anyone tell me y me or my players can't put on anyone of the Quivery's, is there something im missing or didn't do?
Are you wearing a cloak? If so, take off the cloak then add the quiver. Then put your cloak back on.

dragonlady

Sorceror
tks for getting back to me on this, yes i take off my cloak, i' also tried taken everything off me and still nothing, not sure what the problem is :confused:

dragonlady

Sorceror
Here is the Quiver Script :) ty for helping me on this :), These r the 3 i have, sorry wasn't sure which to put here :)

Attachments

• BaseQuiver.cs
    5.5 KB · Views: 7
  • UltimateQuiver.cs
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
  • ElvenQuiver.cs
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
dragonlady

Do you have a pre-AOS shard?

This doesn't sound good lol. Take off all your clothes and try to put the quiver on. Maybe you are wearing something that is using up the middle torso.

dragonlady

Sorceror
Pre-AOS, I dont think i am, i have Samurai Empire Installed, I also tryed that too, Nothing, i must be doing something wrong