RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macros: If SysMessage ???

Bolbot

Wanderer
Macros: If SysMessage ???

Has anyone got these to work? Can give an example of what to type into the field that appears as: If ( JournalContains "...." ).

I'm sure i just need a working example and I can get it all happening.
(e.g. what text to put in the conditional statement, and the action of how to set-off that conditional branch in the macro being played).

R

r00ted

Im not sure either....not sure if it requires the "complete" journal line...or if a partial statement works or not. But yea....it would add some good speed to some macros :)

Bolbot

Wanderer
I've tried the whole line, I've tried partials. Something in the release notes says all "system messages" - I don't know if these means that only certain lines of the journal are checked.

I don't want to submit a bug and waste the Dev's time if some user out there has it working and could post an example of how to get it to work (or has word that it is indeed not working, and the Dev's know about it, so I can stop wasting my/your time).

Zippy

Razor Creator
It works on all or partial messages, and by "Sys Message" it means only the messages that appear in the lower left of your screen.

Also, how far back it checks is somewhat dependant on how long the macro has been playing.

Barchetta

Wanderer
If (Journalcontains "?"

I tried every word, or phrase that could possibly show up in the lower left corner and nothing works for me. I am not using gateway only Razor and UO. Everything else seems to work fine with 1.15 other than the fact that I am unable to figure out how to keep Razor on top so I can see it. I do love the block dismount.

Bolbot

Wanderer
Thanks for the reply Zippy. As per your reply, I have tried single words and that does work (previously I was trying the complete line and having issues).

steamin

Wanderer
Is there a further thing to enable? I use the "save text log file." but the "if" works for nothing. I use the actual LBR-Client.

Cant get sysmessage to work either.

I also have the same problem. When I check save text log.. Apply it.. then restart UO its unchecks it again. What do I need to do here?

KoJawn

Wanderer
add these lines to your UO.cfg file if they are not in it.

JOURNALSAVEFILE=C:\Program Files\Ultima Online 2D\Desktop\journal.txt
SaveJournal=on
JournalSaveUnicode=off

DeepFreez

Wanderer
Ok, here is a snippet from a macro that doesnt work :(

Code:
Pause 100.00sec
if (JournalContains "aborted")
Say: Hmmm My tool is blunt
Else
Wait For Gump (Any)
Gump Response (Button1)
End If

The idea is that an action is taken that takes a long time. It may abort in mid stride after a while. When it aborts it displays a message "Looping aborted." If it succeeds it displays a gump that needs to be clicked.

The problem is that the word aborted is never recognised, so the macro waits for a gump that never comes and eventually aborts. Since it is a looping macro the same situation will just occur again.

What should that JournalContains line look like? Yes I have the save to log bit turned on. Yes the line is displayed in my log. Yes it is displayed in the lower left of the screen. I must be missing something.

KoJawn

Wanderer
There is your problem it is not a "System" message. By "System Message" it means the server side system messages not the Razor messages. UO will not report an aborted looping macro.

DeepFreez

Wanderer
The message in question is from the server. There is an "autoloop" function and if this server side looping terminates, it gives the message "Looping aborted."
I have also tried to catch the message "There are no more resources here" with "There are no more" and just "resources" but stil no luck.

DeepFreez

Wanderer
Is there any way to see what Razor reads as SysMessages?
Does it actually read the log file or use its own internal logs?
Is there some interactio between this feature and UOGateway for instance?
Is this RunUO speciffic, or would it work with POL too? (doesnt seem likely since the same packets should be sent regardles of emulator)
Where do start to look for a reason why it does not work?
Who shot JFK?

HeeEEeeEelp!

mr_wuss

Wanderer
it doesn't read log files, it reads system messages, as has been said countless times before.

your server sending a looping terminated isn't a system message, its a Send command, and not registered in the client as a system message.

DeepFreez

Wanderer
mr_wuss said:
it doesn't read log files, it reads system messages, as has been said countless times before.
Why the need to turn on the journal logging? Or is this myth?

your server sending a looping terminated isn't a system message, its a Send command, and not registered in the client as a system message.
Aha! Root of my problem there :) So its stuff like skill gain messages etc that could be used...

KoJawn

Wanderer
The light was turned on!
Yes.
Also things like you broke your pick, you place the bolt of cloth in your pack, and so on. Also, I have found that if you use the middle of the system message it works better. I have tried several times to use the 1st word and every time the macro does not work.

steamin

Wanderer
@KoJawn
Your lines dosnt function:
An empty journal.txt will be created and JournalSaveUnicode is automatical set to on

blue_drac

Wanderer
steamin said:
@KoJawn
Your lines dosnt function:
An empty journal.txt will be created and JournalSaveUnicode is automatical set to on
No, I looked into that, and his uo.cfg lines worked as advertised. I'm using them now, but every now and again, I need to trim the log file....as it can get rather large.