RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magincia on Pre-Ren server

Abornazine

Sorceror
I have patched to the newest client. When I created my own server a couple of years ago I remember it being not too difficult to have the Old Magincia back...however after searching through the forums I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

1) Can I rebuild the town back to the way it was without having players download a separate client?
1a) Will using Pandora/[admin function to rebuild the town and freezing it accomplish this task?
2) Is UOArchitect better at doing this?
3) is there a file (that I can't seem to find) that I can add into my server to accomplish this?

Sorry for the newb questions on this, it's been a while and have been racking my brain the past couple of days trying to find an "easy" answer.

Thanks!

tindo

Sorceror
1. Yes, but it will not be static unless you freeze it and distribute a client patch. If you are okay with the item count, you do not have to freeze it (just becareful using the wipe command in that area, lol)
1a. See above answer.
2. Opinion, but in general, yes. Plus you can save the town as a backup this way.
3. I've never done it, but I would think this would work....Load up an older client. Use the CopyStatics script to save the old Magincia as an addon. Load up your newer client and load the Old Magincia addon.

Of course, the easiest way would be to use a slightly older client that still has Old Magincia and have your players do the same.

Abornazine

Sorceror
I think I can run with the use an older client idea...at least until I get back into the swing of things. Thanks tindo

tindo

Sorceror
You cant use the autopatcher anymore, it doesnt go thru each patch anymore. You will need to look for ones you can download directly.

Abornazine

Sorceror
Okay, so I followed all the directions in the link above by milva. I used the "With ML" version, did a wipe of Mag island, then went to redecorate. Buildings show up fine with greenery, however I have no floor/road tiles. Should I not have wiped it first? I thought there was an instruction on using the wipe command first, but the "link to the original post" from Callandor's goes to a 404 Page not found error...

has anyone had luck with this recently to where they can help do a walk through of it? I hate to even ask that, but after spending the past week trying to get this work, download, reinstalling different client versions etc, I think I have gotten myself totally confused and am mixing up steps etc.

Thanks!

(I also found a thread from back in 2008/2009 that said you can just take the mul files out of an older client and place them into the newer client?? can this actually work and if so, it is as easy as copy/paste?)

tindo

Sorceror
(I also found a thread from back in 2008/2009 that said you can just take the mul files out of an older client and place them into the newer client?? can this actually work and if so, it is as easy as copy/paste?)

Yes, but you would need to distribute that same file to all players.

milva

Sorceror
So strange it use to be that you could not wipe roads :) But if you revert to a save before the wipe then you could wipe everything in Mag except for the roads :)

Adam3488

Wanderer
I'm working on the same problem and would also appreciate some help. I read the other posts, but they're quite old and the links aren't all working. I believe that the decorate/delete commands he referred to are in the latest Nerun's Distro though, but I could be wrong. I tried the Magencia addon that was posted, but it didn't seem to match up right with the client I'm using, 7.0.15.1. Any help would be much appreciated.

Abornazine

Sorceror
Okay, so I got back to square one...roads existing, no buildings or trees. I used the Callandor2k DecorateMagincia package...Now, after using that is there anything else I need to do in order to get other players to be able to see the buildings or can they just by running [decoratemagincia command?

Also, the building signs aren't showing up in felucca, only in trammel (even after I used the trammel files to spawn fel with, so I could get leaves on trees) I'm going to copy and move them from Tram to Fel, but just wanted others to be aware of what I ran into with that.

milva

Sorceror
Players will be able to see the buildings just fine :) Keep in mind that with Fel there are no leaves on the tree's. You would need to change this to get any type of bush/tree etc to show up with leaves. But this will also add leaves to all the tree's in fel.
Scripts/Misc Folder open the MapDefinitions.cs

RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca",MapRules.FeluccaRules );
RegisterMap( 1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",MapRules.TrammelRules );
RegisterMap( 2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.TrammelRules );

Change the zero's to match the same as the 1's for Trammel