RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make c# out of uo books in a second (or less)

frozencorpse

Wanderer
OK, I was thinking and I wanna know if its possible, but I dont like the idea of restart the shard every time i make a book you know? So, I was thinking if its possible to make this system to work with a XML file, you know? Than you say "add book" and a Gump will show up and list the contects of that XML, sorting by title, I don't know, and than make the book set its properties with the contents. That way it will not be necessary to restart the how shard again and loose a lot of configurations that cant be saved and all.
Do you guys think this is possible? its sounds like easy to me, but I know its not. :)

sirens song

Wanderer
take a look at aryas DialogNPC to see how it reads/writes from the XML files, it also has a nice way of finding all XML files in a dirrectory and showing them in game for you to select, that code should give you everything you need to know,

daat99

Staff member
sirens song said:
take a look at aryas DialogNPC to see how it reads/writes from the XML files, it also has a nice way of finding all XML files in a dirrectory and showing them in game for you to select, that code should give you everything you need to know,
Cool, thanx a lot sirens song ;)

daat99

Staff member
Updated csbook.cs to make the file and class name like the title, it'll accept only numbers and letters tho.

P.S.
I'll work on xmlbook when I get the time, this script ment to make it easier for people to release book for uo as a script in script submission or something similar, therefor xml won't fit in this 1.

Wrycina

Wanderer
Well...for your book one if you write a book you can export it right? Well how about if staff creates a weapon in game, have it export into a script with all attributes and such.:D I hope this explains it, if not, I'll try again.

milt

Knight
I think there is already a script for this... but not totally sure.

Hey thanks for bringing back this thread, I missed this when it was released. I was wondering how to do some things, and thanks to this script I have learned it and now I can work on my script idea! ^_^

daat99

Staff member
milt said:
I think there is already a script for this... but not totally sure.

Hey thanks for bringing back this thread, I missed this when it was released. I was wondering how to do some things, and thanks to this script I have learned it and now I can work on my script idea! ^_^
I'm glad you liked it ;)

Wrycina said:
Well...for your book one if you write a book you can export it right? Well how about if staff creates a weapon in game, have it export into a script with all attributes and such.:D I hope this explains it, if not, I'll try again.
Unfortunatly I don't have much time those days to work on the currently running projects, not to mention to take on new projects.
You can feel free to see how I did the uobook2c# and make uoweapon2c# in a similar way.
If you need help feel free to post it in the script support forum ;)

hi there, wow ive been hoping this would get made some day. i would have had ago. but lol where to start. i do give you full marks for this. but may i ask a silly Q, when the book has been made. how can i add it. again. say if my shard went down. or i lose the main books. i can use this to copy the books. and readd them if i had to. do i just add the files into customs folder. and do [add the name. thanks again.