RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man does the client eat memory fast as fuck for anyone else?

MaxDes

Sorceror
Man does the client eat memory fast as fuck for anyone else?

It went from 97,000 to like 120,000 fast as hyell. I the only one?

Sep102

Page
Yes, but the original UO client also ate up my memory. Just free up the memory every so often with another program, works pretty good for me.

MaxDes

Sorceror
Well thats a pain in the ass, because it goes from 28 megs to 120 megs in less than a couple minutes. thats just not right. I can sit here and not even log in, and whatch the client eat memory. it's kinda lame to be honest. makes it completely worthless to me. Cant even run it for more than 4 minutes.

I have a p4 2.4 ghz, 1gig ram, geforce fx5200 128 meg vid card... just shouldn't be doing that.

2slick4u

Wanderer
There is nothign wrong with that, and I guess your copy is fucked, cause I am running P3 933 mhz, 256 RAM, nVidia TNT RIVA 64 PRO, and I can go for a good two hours before I notice a change in performance.

Dipset

Wanderer
I watched its mem usage go from 54,000K to 62,000K in about 5 minutes, and it keeps on going. I was just standing at the Minoc bank with no one around expect some NPCs walking about. It would go up about 1,000K every 30 seconds. It even keeps on climbing just sitting at the login screen, but no where as fast, maybe 10K ever 4-5 seconds.

psz

Administrator
KUOC == Low CPU usage, High RAM usage

OSI == Low RAM usage (comparitively speaking ;->), High CPU usage (without Razor/UOGateway)

Nightbringer

Wanderer
psz said:
KUOC == Low CPU usage, High RAM usage

OSI == Low RAM usage (comparitively speaking ;->), High CPU usage (without Razor/UOGateway)

Actually, O$I fixed the cpu useage problems with the 2d client at least. KUOC on the other hand uses 100% cpu and ALOT of ram on my machine.

psz

Administrator
The latest OSI 2D client still uses 80-90% of a cpu (if available), unless you drop the priority. It does this by default. It *IS* more efficient than it used to be, but it will still use whatever CPU power you have handy.

On this machine (P4 2.53, 1GB ram) OSI uses 75-85% of my CPU on average.

KUOC, otoh, will use ~25%

Shadowlord

Wanderer
I'm curious, those of you who are having memory consumption problems, what OS are you using? If you're using WinME (or 98 or 95), then I would blame the OS, or blame .NET for not fully supporting the OS.