RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Many compliments.... but this one takes the cake

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Many compliments.... but this one takes the cake

I recieved this compliment in email today and wanted to share it with everyone who has helped make RunUO such a success in such a short period of time, this being all the users that jumped on beta servers, test centers and my fellow devlopers... thanks to everyone, here is a token of one users appreciation:

"RunUO has made more progress in a few short weeks, than all other emulators have made in the past year!"

I think this says it all...

ArconX

Wanderer
Re: Many compliments.... but this one takes the cake

Well, its true, no need to hide it :)
I was only looking a few days ago on the POL forum's, where zulu posted a msg regarding RUNUO, and i saw several people claiming it was vaporeware ... i mean come on, they dident even bother looking who developed it ... but i'm glade you have proven them wrong (but i bet they will find other things to complain about :) )...

Pheyte

Wanderer
Yes it's THE sentence to say on this. I think so.

Have you an estimate of the download's number now ?

R

Rainman

Hehe, kind of funny that POL users would call a server "vaporware". Seeming as how pol itself updates annually :)

ArconX

Wanderer
Rainman said:
Hehe, kind of funny that POL users would call a server "vaporware". Seeming as how pol itself updates annually :)

Well, if you want to have a good time, read this:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pol-scriptforum/message/23525

Its funny how several of them say it will take RUNUO years to develope to a usefull emulator ... are they basing this on POL history (and the lack of updates from the core development team?) ...

Hell a few year ago i was using version .92, they are up to developing version .95 now?

majorcomet seems to think RUNUO is the anti-christ or something like that based on his comments :)

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
I have honestly never liked POL. Dunno why.. it just never was my 'style'. We aren't trying to model ourselves after POL in any way shape or form. POL is POL... RunUO is RunUO... please keep the conversations pertaining to POL's emulator to their resources, and RunUO's server to its resources.

Thanks for helping...

I just installed UO, then RunUO and I am VERY impressed.

All it needs now is a fully populated world and I can get back to business recreating my OSI characters and roaming aimlessly around Britannia. :)

oh how I miss my Sirina!

C

Chaos

LOL, I think its funny how they say a lot of things, most of the people commenting have probably never been on the test center or have downloaded RunUO Beta 1.

If you are a POL person and are reading this: These guys just released the FIRST BETA...and already it beats out (in sense of performance and stability) most emulators on the market today.

I used the stress test program, had 1000 clients (plus me, so 1001) and 1500 Town Criers in the world, and I had no lag.

I think we saw (A LOT OF PEOPLE DID) this on the test center as well...and Krrios was logging the stress test users in from a remote machine across the net from Ryan's server....so case in point, when this emulator is out of beta, its going to stomp in its Air Force Ones!!! BOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYY

=)