RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master Custom Hue File

Master Custom Hue File

So I had lots of custom hue files piled up over the years and I decided to sort all of the best colors into a single BLANK file. This file ONLY contains custom colors neatly arranged in it.

The way to use this file is to take your existing hue file and open it in arya's hue manager and then open this file and simply copy the colors you want over to your existing hue file.

DO NOT try to directly patch this .rar to players!

1. The hue file
2. An index of each color range found inside the file.
3. Arya's Hue Manager
4. Instructions for the Hue Manager

I will NOT be supporting Arya's Hue Manager here so if you need help using it post in the third party tools section of the forums.

NEWS:

I am currently putting a new version of this together. The new version is going to include an updated version of the hue file found in this version. An already merged OSI hue file that is ready to be patched containing all of the colors in the custom file. A word document listing the location and name of each hue in the custom file along with an example image showing what the hue looks like on mobiles and items so you can easily choose the hues you like and find them in the file then merge them to your own hue file. And also a flash video tutorial on how to use all of the things included in the package. It will cover from start to finish how to manage hues and create a patch and will also go into basic creation of new hues with tips on getting the results you are after.

The new version will be ready in a couple of days tops and I will be hosting it from a few different locations so I will include more details here when it is ready.

Attachments

• Master Custom Hue File.rar
    242.4 KB · Views: 620

Zylara

Sorceror
lol, you had too much time on your hands just like me. I downloaded all the hue files I could find along with Arya's Hue Manager and the Hue Edit from the UO help pages-forums. I like Arya's Hue Manager best for combineing hues into one file and sorting hues out and also for making new hues. I like the Hue Edit for browsing though the colors, but its numbers are off by one, so you have to add one to the color you want every time. I think caused by it haveing a color 0 as pure BLACK, when 0 is the default color. I did not like the blinding bright-hurt your eyes colors in a lot of files so deleted them all and kept the good colors, sorted them out as you did. Then we wanted more-better colors, so my 2 youngst kids and I set to picking some of the best colors out and making full ranges of those colors. Several months ago I got tired of the UO 'code' messed up hue file and deleted all of those black color splatted ones in our hue file, it has not caused any problems on our test shard yet. I have gotten so much from the RunUO forums that I want to give something in return. So I an posting the Hue Edit to go along with your post of Arya's Hue Manager, a cleaned out Mondain Legacy hue file with our colors added already, and another file like you did with only the colors we kept and made. I can not support the hue manager or editor, but if anyone needs help with how to use them I would love to help. Do not forget....always make a backup copy of your hue files somewhere, just incase you need it.

Enjoy Zylara and Devera and Xenobia AKA Zaina

Attachments

• Zylaras New and Old Hues.rar
    331.4 KB · Views: 253
This is nice I am going to take the hues you have and sort them into the file I have and add a few others I got recently and update the attachment :)

Alaxander

Wanderer
Sir, im tryin to add your file but i accidently changed the .rar files to open with somethin else.

I would be very thankful if someone could tell me how to switch back what it opens with. ty

in windows - right click on the rar file and click on "open with" - it will bring up a menu of the program to use - selece winrar, or what ever you where using again, and also at the bottom of the list is a check box to always use this program to open this type of file - check it also and click OK

IF that does not work - find and open winrar - some where in there is a place to check which files to open with it
check them off again and click ok - should also fix it back

Else IF that does not even work, can go into the windows ooptions for files. find the rar extention and modify it in there as well

(the the else if instead Or IF, etc :rolleyes: )

Yeah I finally decided to just go through the hues I had since they were in so many different files took the best of them and compacted them into a single file making them a lot easier to deal with.

I am continuing to add new hues to the files as I get them. I think the best part about the way I have these set up is the fact you can open it and just run through a list of all the new hues grab only what you want and add them to your hue file wherever you want. I didn't want to pack the new hues into a stock hue file it just made more sense to arrange them neatly in an empty file.

Hell this isn't even the final version of this I just haven't had time to finish this the way I want it.

Eventually what I want to do is create a text file or something that shows the rows and columns in the hue file numerically so you can find specific hues in the file easily. I also need to go in and assign each hue in the file an actual name and number to help locating them a little easier.

Maybe I will finish this up over the weekend if I have time to do it :)

zoltar1

Sorceror
sorry to bump, But thanks a lot Midnightdragon and Zylara, I've been needing some more colors to work with.,