RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miscellaneous suggestions...

Leviathan

Wanderer
Miscellaneous suggestions...

Just some suggestions that I think would be interesting:

1-) Maybe mention the type of scripting that will be used on RunUO. Just like a batch of text to show an item script, for example.

2-) Try to make the hitpoints individually based on itself, and not on strenght; that for mana and stamina, too. And maybe make a function as to turn it on or off, depending on the need of the admins.

3-) Some nice tutorials on setting up the program to go on the website, that will be there and maintained. Not letting the first admins to discover all by themselves the first step on setting a server up, and designing their own tutorials

4-) Support for already made third party tools? By this I mean dragon, which needs an item.wsc file. Maybe an option to export items in this file.

5-) A GM tool. Though I am sure third party developers could develop one themselves !

That's about what I was thinking at the moment. Maybe I'll add more later!

krrios

Administrator
1-) RunUO's "scripting" language is very powerful -- it's the same language RunUO was written in. Here's a snippit from a very simple script (Food):

[code:1] public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
{
Eat( from );
}

public void Eat( Mobile from )
{
// Play a random "eat" sound
from.PlaySound( Utility.Random( 0x3A, 3 ) );

// Consume one item
--Amount;

if ( Amount == 0 )
Delete(); // Nothing left to eat
}[/code:1]

2-) Heh. I've already received a request for that exact feature. I am planning to implement it.

3-) As it is now, one just has to run Server.exe and It Just Works. However, as RunUO evolves and gets more complicated, I'll try to get nice documentation written up.

4-) I have no current plans for compatability with other save formats. RunUO is drastically different than most emulators out there -- heavily object oriented. Because of that, it would be very difficult if not impossible to get any form of RunUO<->*Emu converter.

5-) Yes, a GM tool is probably needed, and yes, one could be developed by third parties. I personally don't forsee breaking away from the server anytime soon to develop one, but perhaps easier ingame menus can be added.

R

Rainman

I believe what OSI now has is a str cap

after 200 str, no more bonuses or mods are done with STR

therefor 1000 str, is 1000 hp with only 200str of bonus.

If you want to increase there damage, then they just tweak damage they do.

On the topic of the GM tool.
In theory: because of the lack of lag which C# scripting allows and because of the ability to script a fair part of the server. I'm not sure there would be a need for an external GM tool. It would be better to release it as a script for the server using gump menus like Ryan hinted at.
:idea:

Leviathan

Wanderer
re:

Yes, it could be possible... Though it could be tedious to always have to open up a gump to spawn a creature and to have to reselect the menu and reset the data and etc.

An external tool would be a good solution, though the two of the possibilites could be true.

A

AlejandroX

Well a gump based plugin wouldn't necessarily have to be closed an re-opened. Perhaps one that you can keep open and just have off to the left side of screen. There isn't anything you couldn't do with a plugin based GM tool that you could with an external if I'm not mistaken. :D