RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mono 0.30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom

Knight
brodockbr said:
anyone tested the new mono 31 and it's nightly builds?

Mono takes about 50X longer to compile the scripts then .NET Framework takes.

Has awhile to go, give it another 6 months.

brodock

Sorceror
Phantom said:
Mono takes about 50X longer to compile the scripts then .NET Framework takes.

Has awhile to go, give it another 6 months.

compile is not the problem...

Any one tested new released versions to see how near we are?

I'm just wandering to see if someone comes here and say, HEy, it compiled fine and i'm running now that fucking bitch...

lol
(please don't be offtopic phantom, if you test, i will be very greatefull to see what you will say but if you don't, don't blame us... And you don't need to answers my little words cause you reply this everytime... so no need, i know what you will say)

Phantom

Knight
(please don't be offtopic phantom, if you test, i will be very greatefull to see what you will say but if you don't, don't blame us... And you don't need to answers my little words cause you reply this everytime... so no need, i know what you will say)

Lets see.

I know of about 5 people who have tested this. Just to compile the script took more then 120 seconds to compile the scripts. Mono is not ready to be used, its just that simple.

I replied to this topic because I know mono takes about 110 seconds longer then it should. Its not supported I don't suggest you trying using it. There are ALOT of problems that need to be fix.

Who are you to tell me who to answer and who not to answer? As long as my information is correct, get off my ass will ya.

psz

Administrator
IIRC, Mono still has problems loading the XML and the binary read/write.

It still does not work.

It will be posted *IN HUGE LETTERS* on at least two forums here when it DOES work.

Until then, we really don't need to keep asking "Does it work yet? Does it work yet? Does it work yet?" like children in the back of a car on a long road trip.

And, since this thread had politely<sic> died previously, I will ensure that the embers do not smolder up into a full fledged flame again.

Status
Not open for further replies.