RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mono Error

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Okay, well this is a whole new breed of errors for me. So I'm truly stumped. I was hoping someone else could figure out what it meant, so I could get it fixed.

I've got my server to compile on our new Linux setup, loads all of the scripts now without any errors. But upon loading the world. It spits out this error and aborts the entire process.

Code:
World: Loading...
** ERROR **: file mini.c: line 4906 (mono_method_to_ir): assertion failed: (mono_method_signature (cmethod)->is_inflated)
aborting...
Stacktrace:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_compile_generic_method (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0x0000e>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_compile_generic_method (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>
  at Server.BinaryFileReader.ReadStrongMobileList () <0x00026>
  at Server.Mobile.Deserialize (Server.GenericReader) <0x00357>
  at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.Deserialize (Server.GenericReader) <0x00038>
  at Server.World.Load () <0x012e9>
  at Server.Core.Main (string[]) <0x00bbd>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) Server.Core.runtime_invoke_void_string[] (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

mono [0x529817]
        /lib64/libpthread.so.0 [0x356300eb10]
        /lib64/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x35) [0x3562430265]
        /lib64/libc.so.6(abort+0x110) [0x3562431d10]
        /lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_log+0) [0x3564434eb0]
        /lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_log+0x83) [0x3564434f33]
        /lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_assert_warning+0x76) [0x3564434fb6]
        mono [0x50f58a]
        mono [0x514e77]
        mono [0x516649]
        mono [0x5171b2]
        [0x41dea9ef]

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

Aborted

I honestly have no idea what to do with it. I've never had to work with Mono...so I don't even really understand what it means. Should I be using an older version of Mono? Is it that the saves are messed up? I'm really lost...

Lichtblitz

Sorceror
Try renaming the save folder and start up the server. It'll generate a new, clean world. If it starts up fine and if you can save and restart the server successfully then it might have something to do with your current save. It's strange though that the server crashes. Exceptions during the world load process should usually be caught, giving the user the choice to delete the faulty entity.

But maybe someone with more experience with Mono has a better explanation.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Thanks for the tip, but that's actually one of the first things I tried. I've also tried with a fresh version of runuo with no customs. Also tried updating Mono to the new stable build...and a ton of other things. I got tired of beating on the keyboard, so we have decided to just upgrade our dedicated server and put Windows Web Server 2008 on it. At least this way .net won't be such a pain...plus now we'll be able to use asp on our site. =D

Thanks for taking your time to help me though, and I'm sorry if someone else runs into this same problem in the future...as I wasn't able to solve it myself.