RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster Contracts

LoeZ

Wanderer
Too bad, the level of moster doesn't affect the reward.
I got ~10k reward for killing 10 spectres and 5k reward for killing same ammount of lich lords.
Oh, and is it possible to make it like BODs? I mean that you could only get one deed in 1hour or so.
Allso, as i recall, it says somenthign about having rewad in BACKPACK, i got it in bank.

Goodscript in all.

Jebbit

Wanderer
Its working great for me. After its filled and I double click on it, it goes poof....

I use the xml spawner that sets off a quest reward gump. That took care of my timed reward issue. I have it set for every hour.
also just incase anyone asks, here is the snippit I put in some of my monsters profiles to get random drops.
Its a blessed item so getting it to drop can be a pain sometimes.

Code:
public override void OnDeath( Container c )
		{
if ( 0.2 > Utility.RandomDouble() )
			{		
				c.DropItem( new MonsterContract() );
					base.OnDeath( c );
		}
}

Jebbit

Wanderer
Also on making contracts I noticed I can't make a contract for some of the added monsters. Like amazons. The script will also allow the making of non existant creatures as well. Not a knock or anything....all 10's from me..Thanks again for the awesom script.

haazen

Sorceror
Great Script Raisor. I made some mods to your scripts. Hope you don't mind. I modified the Contract script to give different rewards according to the difficulty of the critters on the contract. I also noticed that the Contract Seller would not buy the contracts back. So I changed the gump and added a cancel button so if the monsters are too much for your present ability, you can cancel the contract and get a refund of your fee.

I love this script you wrote. I've been looking for something similar for a long while. Hope you dont mind the mods.

The attached file has just the 2 files I changed. The other files in the original post are still needed.

Attachments

• MonsterContract.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 103

haazen

Sorceror
Guadah said:
One of my players noticed a flaw within the scripting, and I had to temp remove the script from our database.

When you go to turn your Deed in (After Filling it), you can double click it over and over, as many times as you like. After you do taht, you get to return each one of those gumps to the bank for a reward.

So you fill one deed that will reward 5200gp, but when you return it you click it 25 times, you will receive 25 gumps that return 5200gp each time.

Thankfully the one who found this bug was kind enough to report it before it was abused on our server.

~ Guadah of CBP
Yahoo: MyzerX

My profile will not update, so there is my contact information if needed.

Adding the CloseGump line here solves this exploit.

this.Resizable=false;
from.CloseGump( typeof( MonsterContractGump ) );
this.AddPage(0);

raisor

Wanderer
swppws said:
I believe so?? What would you think i should do overwrite it or look for the file?
The Contract Seller that I provide in this script has nothing to do with any other Contract Seller that you may have installed. You will either need to edit the one you have currently or edit mine so that they do not conflict with each other. That is, of course, if you do not have a previous version of this installed. if so then you need to overwrite the previous version.

haazen

Sorceror
We all love this script on our shard. There is one issue we isolated yesterday. It's not an error in the script, but maybe the script can fix the problem.

When a Lich is killed while he is facing north, he falls backwards to the south. A Lich corpse in this position is not seen by the script as a corpse and therefore can not be claimed. I looked through the properties of many dead Liches and everything looks the same except the itemID. Depending which direction the Lich falls.

I'm wondering if you know where a south laying Lich corpse should be defined as a corpse. I guessing in the core and therefore a bug and we have to live with it. If not, I'd like to know where this can be fixed. Or possible to look at a different parameter to claim the corpses.

raisor

Wanderer
haazen said:
We all love this script on our shard. There is one issue we isolated yesterday. It's not an error in the script, but maybe the script can fix the problem.

When a Lich is killed while he is facing north, he falls backwards to the south. A Lich corpse in this position is not seen by the script as a corpse and therefore can not be claimed. I looked through the properties of many dead Liches and everything looks the same except the itemID. Depending which direction the Lich falls.

I'm wondering if you know where a south laying Lich corpse should be defined as a corpse. I guessing in the core and therefore a bug and we have to live with it. If not, I'd like to know where this can be fixed. Or possible to look at a different parameter to claim the corpses.
I am pretty sure that I am not looking at the ID of the corpse for this. I just check to make sure that the targeted item is a corpse and then I check to make sure that the name of the monster matches the name on the contract. is the name of a north facing lich different from any other lich? I'll check in to this when I get home from work and see if I can figure out what is going on. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

great script and I love the idea, wish I had thought of it. I have one problem though and I don't know if its a bug or is intended since its mainly for new players. I have found that if a tamer uses his pets, he can't claim the corpses on the contract. It says "you can't claim corpses that don't belong to you." The same holds true if a mage casts ev's. Is that intended or a bug? Thanks...great script either way though and let me add one more time, just an awesome idea...very original!!!

haazen

Sorceror
This is true. If the pet kill the creature, you are not the owner of the corpse. You must be the killer in order to claim the corpse.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
raisor said:
I am pretty sure that I am not looking at the ID of the corpse for this. I just check to make sure that the targeted item is a corpse and then I check to make sure that the name of the monster matches the name on the contract. is the name of a north facing lich different from any other lich? I'll check in to this when I get home from work and see if I can figure out what is going on. Thanks for pointing this out. :)

I noticed this as well but not for liches

I had this problem with Wanderers of the void... and dragons.

I am not sure why, but have some more info about the bug.

I killed a bunch of monsters, redeemed a few and then it said that is not a corpse, until I redeemed another corpse then the original was able to be redeemed.

It makes me think it is saving the place where you clicked on, if its not a corpse it will never be a corpse until you target something else... but I didnt see any place where this type of thing was saved in the script... so I'm at a loss.

Its not the way they are facing, nor is it the type of monster... I am thinking that if you don't target the correct area of the corpse you get this error, then even if you target the right area of the corpse, you get the error still... its a strange bug, maybe I can provide more insight.

raisor

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ said:
I noticed this as well but not for liches

I had this problem with Wanderers of the void... and dragons.

I am not sure why, but have some more info about the bug.

I killed a bunch of monsters, redeemed a few and then it said that is not a corpse, until I redeemed another corpse then the original was able to be redeemed.

It makes me think it is saving the place where you clicked on, if its not a corpse it will never be a corpse until you target something else... but I didnt see any place where this type of thing was saved in the script... so I'm at a loss.

Its not the way they are facing, nor is it the type of monster... I am thinking that if you don't target the correct area of the corpse you get this error, then even if you target the right area of the corpse, you get the error still... its a strange bug, maybe I can provide more insight.
Thanks for pointing that out KillerBeeZ, I'll see what I can find out for you all. Is kind of weird that this issue is happening because a corpse is a corpse no matter what part you click on. :D

KillerBeeZ

Knight
raisor said:
Is kind of weird that this issue is happening because a corpse is a corpse no matter what part you click on. :D

I agree, which is why I didn't post a fix for it.

Have you been able to reproduce this?

I will try to gain more info as well.

stryder

Wanderer
great script, my players went nuts over it, but when i switched to SE add on it no longer shoes the type of deed? it just says deed now? :confused:

stormwolff

Knight
stryder said:
great script, my players went nuts over it, but when i switched to SE add on it no longer shoes the type of deed? it just says deed now? :confused:

Thats not the fault of this script. They changed the way the vendor menu recognized the items in their buy menu. Now it simply goes by id so any custom entries are now named whatever item was used to show them in the buy menu. A fix is being worked on for the next version of runuo.

yes - like many plazes have said through out these forums, including at least 1 sticky

you need to extract the file in there, then rename it and add the .zip to the end of it, and then unzip that file

when they did some update on the forums, it ended up double zipping the files up