RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster loot (taken from the official guide)

Nynaeve

Wanderer
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy these days.

Barding skills
Instrument Bonus (IB) is 5 for Exceptional instruments, and 10/-10 for Slayer instruments.

Barding Difficulty (BD) is the monster's difficulty rating. It is calculated as follows:

a) Sum the monster's stats (HP, Mana, Stamina) and skills (Anatomy, Parrying, Eva Int, Inscription, Magery, Res Spells, Wrestling, Poisoning, Archery, Mace, Fencing, Swordmanship, Tactics, Lumberjacking, Meditation).

b) Add 100 for every special ability (Spellcasting, Breath, Poison, Poison Immunity, HP leech, and so on)

if (result) <= 700: BD = 700 / 10
if (result) > 700: BD = ((result - 700) x 0.275 + 700) / 10

Musicianship success % = (Musicianship) % (this is the automatic check)
The following applies only if Musicianship is > 100
Musicianship bonus % (MB) = (Musicianship - 100)

Peacemaking
Range: (8 + Peacemaking / 15) tiles
Success %:
- Standard mode (targeting self): (Peacemaking) %
- Targeted mode: 50 + (Peacemaking - (BD - 10 - IB)) x 2 + MB
Note: the monster must be in line of sight and the bard must be visible and alive all the time (i.e. death or hiding will break the effect instantly).

Provocation:
Range: (8 + Provocation / 15) tiles
Average Barding Difficulty (ABD) is the two targets' (BD - IB) average
Success % = 50 + (Provocation - (ABD - 5)) x 2 + MB
Note: the monster must be in line of sight and the bard must be visible and alive all the time. If any of the above conditions fails for more than 10 seconds, the effect will be broken.

Discordance:
Range: (8 + Discordance / 15) tiles
Success % = 50 + (Discordance - (BD - 10 - IB)) x 2 + MB
Effects (NPC only):
- Skill Loss % = (Discordance / 5)
- Damage reduced by (2 x Discordance / 5) %
- Evade % is reduced by (Discordance / 5)
- Swing Speed is reduced by (Discordance / 5)
Note: the monster must be in line of sight and the bard must be visible and alive all the time. If any of the above conditions fails for more than 10 seconds, the effect will be broken.

Fire Horn:
Requirements: 15 Sulfurous Ash, (Provocation + Discordance + Peacemaking) >= 200
Effect: area damage to all monsters (and players in PvP areas). Damage to players is reduced by Res Spells. There is no formula regarding damage/range. :/

BOD System
There are two bigass tables on the BOD system, which is, if I'm allowed to say, totally fucked up.
According to this table, BOD rewards are given according to the "value" of the BOD, and each BOD gets some points depending on various things.
For example, a Large BOD of 20 exceptional Platemail sets in Verite has a value of 400 (Large/Platemail) + 200 (Exceptional) + 50 (20) + 500 (Verite) = 1150. The reward for a blacksmithy BOD with a value of 1100-1199 is a Verite Runic Hammer (100%).
Do you want me to post the whole thing? With the new system all of this should be pretty much outdated.

Edit: there is a table of changes listed as "to be introduced with Publish 19", among which the ones regarding Pet Skill Loss and Veterinary (I marked entries off this list as "Publish 19"). I'm updating the data where it belongs instead of posting the old data and then the table. The reason for this edit is that I just noticed I forgot to report one of those changes. It involves the damage done by Pain Spike, which has been lowered in Publish 19 to (Spirit Speak - Res Spells) / 10 + 18, 12 points less than what I reported earlier. This change only applies if targeting PCs.

Nynaeve

Wanderer
I'm not dead... yet.

Special Moves

Armor Ignore
Mana cost: 30
Effect: 90% of physical damage dealt is not resistable (for example, when using a 10-20 damage weapon, 9-18 of that damage ignores physical resistance)
Weapons: Hatchet, Long Sword, Bladed Staff, Hammer Pick, War Axe, Kryss, Spear, Composite Bow, Broad Sword, Katana

Bleed Attack
Mana Cost: 30
Effect: Bleeding, damage is not resistable and can only be cured with bandages. Successful use of bandages does not cure any HPs this way, it only removes the bleeding effect. When using bandages only one of the following actions can happen, in this order: resurrection, cure poison, cure bleed, heal HPs. In order to cure the bleeding effect there is no check on the Healing skill.
Weapons: Battle Axe, War Fork, Pitchfork, Cleaver, Executioner's Axe, Scythe, Cutlass, War Mace, War Axe, Large Battle Axe

Concussion Blow
Mana Cost: 25 (as of Publish 19)
Effect: Deals 10-40 direct damage, calculated as follows:
D1 = 10 + ((Max HP - Max Mana) / 5) [Min: 10, Max: 20]
D2 = ((Current HP / Max HP) - (Current Mana / Max Mana)) / 4 [Max: 20]
Damage = D1 + D2 [Min: 10, Max: 40]
Weapons: Crossbow, Mace, Gnarled Staff, Battle Axe, Maul, Lance, Quarterstaff, Long Sword, Halberd

Crushing Blow
Mana Cost: 25 (as of Publish 19)
Effect: Damage +50%
Weapons: War Mace, Maul, Shepherd's Crook, Scepter, Smithy Hammer, Sledge Hammer, Axe, Broad Sword, Viking Sword, War Hammer

Disarm
Mana Cost: 20
Effect: If successful disarms target, and no weapon can be rearmed for 5 seconds. If used bare handed, a minimum of 80 in Arms Lore is required.
Weapons: War Fork, Mace, Shepherd's Crook, Magic Wand, Pickaxe, Hatchet, Butcher Knife, Skinning Knife

Dismount
Mana Cost: 20
Effect: dismounts target, cannot remount for 10 seconds (exception: war horses can be remounted instantly). 15-25 physical damage is also dealt. Cannot be used when mounted (exception: lance).
Weapons: Lance, Magic Wand, Pitchfork, Axe, Bladed Staff, Heavy Crossbow, Bardiche, Club

Double Strike
Effect: the next swing hits twice. If the first one hits, the second one will also hit for sure. As of Publish 19: second hit does 10% less damage.
Weapons: Repeating Crossbow, Double Bladed Staff, Quarterstaff, Two Handed Axe, Crescent Blade, Double Axe, Katana, Pickaxe, Scimitar

Infectious Strike
Mana Cost: 15 (as of Publish 19)
Effect: chance % = (Poisoning) of raising weapon's poison level by 1. Usable only if the weapon is poisoned.
Weapons: Butcher Knife, Dagger, Cleaver, Kryss, Pike, Double Bladed Staff

Mortal Strike
Effect: Target cannot heal itself for 6 seconds. Status bar becomes orange. It only blocks healing of HPs, you can still cure poison or stop bleeding.
Weapons: Executioner's Axe, Crossbow, Scepter, Crescent Blade, Hammer Pick, Bone Harvester, Bow, Short Spear

Moving Shot
Effect: Can shot while moving, but the hit % is lower.
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow, Composite Bow, Repeating Crossbow

Paralyzing Blow
Effect: Target is frozen for 3 seconds. Effect is not broken by damage dealt. When used bare handed, a minimum of 80 points in Anatomy are required.
Weapons: Bow, Pike, Bardiche, Bone Harvester, Scythe, Gnarled Staff, Viking Sword, Scimitar, Spear, Black Staff

Shadow Strike
Mana Cost: 20 (as of Publish 19)
Effect: Damage +25%, attacker is hidden afterwards. A minimum of 80 points in Stealth are required.
Weapons: Skinning Knife, Club, Short Spear, Cutlass, Smithy Hammer, Two Handed Axe, Dagger, Sledge Hammer

Whirlwind Attack
Effect: Hits all enemies within 1 tile.
Weapons: Black Staff, War Hammer, Halberd, Large Battle Axe, Double Axe

Mana Cost Table
Weapon Skill (WS) = Swordsmanship + Mace Fighting + Fencing + Archery + Parrying + Lumberjacking + Stealth + Poisoning

0 < WS < 200: No change
200 <= WS < 300: 30 -> 25, 25 -> 20, 20 -> 15
WS >= 300: 30 -> 20, 25 -> 15, 20 -> 10

Note: it doesn't say how this works for skills that have a base mana cost of 15 (as of Publish 19).

Magical Properties
This table lists all properties, with base random values, modifiers, and effects.
Most of it is already right, I'll list only the differences (unless you want me to post the whole thing, let me know).

As far as effects go:
- Hit Stamina Leech: 100% of damage dealt is added to Stamina
- Hit Mana Leech: 40% of damage dealt is added to Mana
- Hit Life Leech: 30% of damage dealt is added to HPs
- Hit Lower Attack: Target's Hit Chance is lowered by 25% (duration: 10 seconds)
- Hit Lower Defense: Target's Defense Chance is lowered by 25% (duration: 8 seconds)
- Self Repair X: Item automatically repairs X duration points every minute, but only if it is equipped.

As far as grouping goes:
- Hit Dispel should go in the same group with Hit Fireball/Harm/Lightning/Magic Arrow
- Hit Stamina Leech, Hit Mana Leech and Hit Life Leech are all in the same group
- Hit Lower Attack and Hit Lower Defense are in the same group
- All skills are in the same group
- All resistances are in the same group

As far as intensity and modifiers go:
- Enhance Potions: Base 1-5, Modifier 5% (Result: 5-25%)
- Durability Bonus: Base 1-10, Modifier 10%
- Swing Speed Increase: Base 1-6, Modifier 5%
- Mage Weapon: Base 1-10, sbutract 30 from the result
- Lower Requirements: Base 1-10, Modifier -10%

Nynaeve

Wanderer
I think this covers just about everything. What's left is a whole list of all items in the game, with durability, damage, swing speed, armor bonus, primary/secondary abilites, etc, as well as a list of vendors and what they sell, and some very limited info on factions that I'll be posting soon.
I really can't post the whole tables, it's too much stuff... I'm willing to check that everything matches when 1.0 comes out (or if you can get me a copy of the pre-release if you want it checked before then).

If you have questions on something I might have overlooked, let me know and I'll dig for that info.

psz

Administrator
Gotta be careful with some of the loot and the vendor buy/sell lists... OSI's changed those a few times in the last year (Hence why I keep posting updated Vendors every few months ;->)

JadeFist

Wanderer
Do Vampiric Embrace scrolls drop on any creatures from distro? I saw them in Meer Eternal's, but the scroll is comment out?

Meer Eternal
FILTHY_RICH x 2, 1-8CS, LNS or Vampiric Embrace, Level 4 Map
Special: Level 5 Poison Immunity, Unprovokable, Unpeaceable, Life Drain, Resurrects Meer Mages, Purification (ranged life drain attack, absorbs 80-100% of damage HPs from one target)