RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MultiTextWriter

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
MultiTextWriter

One simple question: Why?

...is this a leftover from the .NET 1.0 timeframe or something? That's the only logical explaination that I can come up with...
The current Console class seems fine for writing text to the console to me. So, I'm just curious as to why the MultiTextWriter class exists in RunUO still.
:confused:

Jeff

Lord
Ohms_Law;695423 said:
One simple question: Why?

...is this a leftover from the .NET 1.0 timeframe or something? That's the only logical explaination that I can come up with...
The current Console class seems fine for writing text to the console to me. So, I'm just curious as to why the MultiTextWriter class exists in RunUO still.
:confused:

So you can write the console to logs, and remote admin, and if need be output to something else, IE Windows Forms.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Jeff's correct. This is part of remote administration... it allows output going to the console to be redirected to multiple places at once... Like writing to the console, to a log, and to a remote client all at the same time without using a special print command. You just use Console.Write() like normal.

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
ah, thanks! I completely overlooked that angle, but now that you guys have pointed that out I can see that in the constructor...
neat!
:)