RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music not working

Archaaz

Sorceror
I installed RunUO 2.3 a few days ago. Everything seems to be working well except the music. The opening music plays, but after entering the game, nothing. Sounds play fine. I checked the Music and Sound settings under Options in the Character Gump and they are both checked on and set to the maximum level.

I was using Sphere previously, and had the same issue. I was never able to get the music to play. I ran it first on an Asus netbook, and now on a HP laptop. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the UO client several times, and several different versions, but this did not fix the problem.

Now I seem to be having the same issue with RunUo. This leads me to believe that the issue is not RunUo itself, but perhaps the client, something to do with my laptop, or maybe something involving the client settings or files. The music files in the client music folder play fine using media player. I am using version 7.0.10.3 (patch 33), and using a slightly customized version of Map0 and an unmodified version of Map1. The music does not work for either map (though I do not think a custom map would cause it).

Any ideas what might be causing this? Many thanks in advance.

Mortis

Knight
Just a question. Have you had anyone else log in to see if they have the same problem while on your server?

Archaaz

Sorceror
Just a question. Have you had anyone else log in to see if they have the same problem while on your server?

Actually, I hadn't really considered it at this early point in creating it. I suppose I could try that. Thanks for the advice!

Archaaz

Sorceror

Ah, I found the problem. I had the expansion set to none. After setting it to LBR the music plays. I suppose it has something to do with the MP3/midi switch.

Do you happen to know if it is possible to modify an older expansion to work with the LBR MP3s, and, if so, which particular file I would need to edit? I am going for a more UOR era look, and am not terribly familiar with LBR, having stopped playing UO around the T2A era. Did LBR drastically change anything (positively and negatively)? I read that it improved AI. Is this reflected in Runuo? I mostly want to stay away from AOS and higher. If LBR does not involve anything more difficult than not spawning a few mobs/items I can live with it.

Thanks!

Archaaz

Sorceror
Thanks for the link! Bit of nostalgia there. Is this in addition to the MP3s and will it play either/or depending on which expansion it is set to? Thanks immensely for your help with this.

Archaaz

Sorceror
Ah, nevermind. Sorry about that. I just tried it, and it works perfectly! I need to be a bit bolder...too worried about messing something up.