RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Necromancy Crafting 2.0 Final

sacranym

Sorceror
Necromancy Crafting 2.0 Final

My first script so bear with me here. I used a mixture of Obez's Rune Crafting & Enchanting system and the Golem crafting system already in UO. I made this on RunUO 2.0 Final and I don't know if it will work on any others but I am pretty sure it won't work pre AOS.

Features-
Craft followers like golems all undead themed.
That is the main feature and pretty much the only reason for the script. just to add a bit more flavor into the game.

I made all creatures have 0 follower slots because on my shard Necromancy will be a difficult skill to train and this crafting will be usable by the few who try to use the skill. Plus this will make a hell of a baddie PKer ^_^; I wanted them to be able to control armies and have all out battles against eachother. I edited out the follower slots check in the golem script these were based off of and so you will most likely have to copy paste it back in if you want to make them use follower slots.

I don't know what happens when you add follower slots to them so if the game crashes all I can say is sorry. I know it seems unblanced but most of the monsters have the same stats as a counterpart in the game although with high enough necromancy the Scalar multiplier can boost the critter up a bit higher than regular.

Please tell me of any bugs if there are any I haven't found. I tested the hell outta this to make sure. it should all be plug and play excluding the base items needed to craft the monsters. I personally modified the distro files to harvest and craft the nessesary items but I figured most people can just place them on vendors or do the same kind of distro mods. but none of the names should conflict with others. The entire script should be drag and drop with no errors in it just place it in a folder restart and go! ^_^

Have fun and Enjoy~ I'm alwase looking for advice on how to improve scripts. Or even Ideas for similar scripts.

Attachments

• NecromancyCrafting.rar
    36.8 KB · Views: 258

moet

Wanderer
Hey chaps have added this to my Runuo 2.1 Build 3995.28114 (if that helps) and booyah its all there i love it when scripts do this! I can add everything its just...i dont know how to add it into the world? Do you assign it somwhere? Is some kinda XML thing i have to do to add it to something like premium spawner?

tass23

Page
Like what are you trying to add Moet?
Put the Mortician's Scapel on a vendor and away you go :)
Just spawn the various mobs that come with the package wherever you like. They drop the materials.

moet

Wanderer
Heya! I wanted to add the Necro Crafting into my world but i have only had this thing running for less than a week and am still trying to understand how things work :D
Soooo if perhaps if i am using Neruns distro and the XML Premium Spawner...do i just tell that to respawn stuff and all the groovy necro stuff just...plonks into the world?...I must admit i havent quite figured out the whole putting stuff on a vendor to be sold thing ;/ been adding in that amazing shrink system, spell crafting and etc... Dont spose you have a link or the likes? ;)
Thanks for the reply tass23!!!

tass23

Page
You can add the mobs to a spawner of your choice ;)
As for adding things to a vendor, here's the breakdown:
Code:
    Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Craft Bag", typeof( CraftBag ), 1000, 20, 0xE76, 0 ) );
    Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "1060834", typeof( Engines.Plants.PlantBowl ), 2, 20, 0x15FD, 0 ) );
    Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( Arrow ), 2, 20, 0xF3F, 0 ) );
    Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( Bolt ), 5, 20, 0x1BFB, 0 ) );
Everything you add is similar from Add( up to GenericBuyInfo( after that, it can change, slightly. If the item you are adding is crammed together, you can use " " to break it apart. Just make sure the actual script has a name listing in the constructable that says the same thing. Like for my craft bag, the script says Name = "Craft Bag" in the constructable. Really the key things are the item name in ( ). That MUST be the actual item name from the script. After that, the first number is the cost of the item, the second is how many are available, the third number set is the itemID, and the fourth, I've honestly no clue. Never had to change it, but I think it might be a hue code, someone can correct me on that if needed. That's pretty much all there is to it.

moet

Wanderer
\me coughs politely, im not sure i understand the mobs bit so well yet, but the adding to a vendor would i add this into the relevant CS file under like Vendor\SBInfo?

tass23

Page
Correct.
As for spawning mobs, if you open a spawner anywhere in the world, to add a mob to it, just type in the mobs name with no spaces. So if you want a Crimson Dragon, type CrimsonDragon. Then how many you want to spawn, the rest is pretty easy to figure out by playing around with it :)

moet

Wanderer
Sweet...man tass you have infinite patience! I didnt realise you could [props the darn spawner! This is freekin awesome! Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Andrew Cook

Wanderer
Okay I just added this and I am comming up with the error.

Errors:
+ Items/Body Parts.Skull.cs:
cs0101 : Line 8: the namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'Skull'

tass23

Page
Skull is in the Body Parts folder. You can safely remove it. It's basically telling you it's a duplicate file.

Andrew Cook

Wanderer
Ah okay gotcha thanks. Tass you are helping me more out then you think its a learning experience for me as well when you help me lol.

tass23

Page
Mmhmm, I was in the same boat, as were a lot of others on here at one point in time, glad you got that problem ironed out ;)

jamesreg

Sorceror
I am only throwing up one small error and it seems to be that the skull is a duplicate item as one in the normal game.
Is there anything special about your skull from the default one where i could delete yours and the system still work
or not?

you could just rename his necro skull, and keep all the scripts exactly the same. if i pop up that error that what i plan to do. i don't like removing codes, so i rename them. you can try that, or just delete

sacranym

Sorceror
Wow it's been a while since I have been on here... Sorry for my lack of support with this script. I actually lost my entire computer this was on so I don't recall much past the basics of this script. I do believe I just moved skull into the folder from the original body part folder. So technically it is not a duplicate it was my original, I just wanted to keep them all together. I am glad however that some people found a use for such a overpowered script. I think if I remember correctly unless I am mixing it up with another one of my similar scripts the undead you can craft via this (Which should act as crafted Golems as that was the script used as a base) have no follower slots so you could make lots of followers who would in essence never run out if you just kept making them so they could gank enemies. I would love to hear what people did with this script. I was very pleased with it and should probably re-download it myself and check it out again! :D