RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Beta Testers for Hardcore Survival T2A Ruleset Server (Minecraft / Don't Starve)

Person

Sorceror
Combat system is T2A ruleset, but I've modified a lot of other systems. If you have played survival games (Wurm Online, Xsyon, Don't Starve, Minecraft, Salem, Hearth and Stone, etc.) you should enjoy this. I prefer 'hardcore' players since the server will be testing a perma-death system although this could change with further testing.

Testing Setup:
Initial testing will be on a small island. I have cleared all static objects from the island and populated it with a new dynamic mineral and plant system (all objects can be harvested / planted including trees). You will be put somewhere on the island with nothing but your naked body. If you don't secure food and water you will die.

This first test will be focused on making sure all the basic survival systems and environment systems are working.

Goals:
1) Describe how difficult it was to survive on the island... was it too hard? too easy?

2) Report any bugs you find.

3) Offer suggestions to make the game better.

Finally, send me a message if you are interested. Please be willing to put in at least 3 hours per week.

Tester slots [0/10]
Testing date will be determined when all 10 slots are filled.
--------------------
1 - Brede
2 - Arthlo
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

-------- Specific Features Being Tested -------- Phase 1 - Harvesting, Farming, Crafting, Survival
Harvesting System:
All plants and rocks can be harvested and made into items or food that will be useful or essential to your survival on the island. Harvesting items will depend on new passive skills (not included in your 700 cap) that will determine your success rate among other things. You will usually harvest 1-3 seeds along with the usual plant materials.

Farming System:
Any usable soil can be tilled and seeds can be planted. Any plant in the game can be grown and harvested for materials and more seeds. You will need to make sure you are replanting plants or you can cause species to go extinct.

Crafting System:
Each player will start with a few recipes for each crafting skill. To get more recipes you will need to raise your skill by crafting your initial recipes and experimenting with extra material to discover new recipes. Although you will be able to survive solo, it will be better to work together since your friend might have a useful recipe that you don't.

Brede

Sorceror
Id love to test when it comes. I have been playing UO since beta and love survival games such as Minecraft and Wurm Online. Very interesting server concept!

Brede

Person

Sorceror
Great. If you know anyone else that might be a good beta tester let them know about this. We have 9 more slots to fill :)

I've added you to the list and will send you more information once we get enough people.

Arthlo

Sorceror
I'll help out. I'm friends with Brede. I played UO as far back as Beta as well, but have not played in a few years. I have played Minecraft extensively and also currently play Don't Starve (just hit day 160). =)

Person

Sorceror
Do you guys know where I might be able to find a few more people? I'd really like to start with 10 people if at all possible.