RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help

john burns

Sorceror
I am running Mageia which is equivalent to Ubuntu I believe.

Anyway, I want to run RunUO on my linux box, but I have seen all of the tutorials, all of the posts of people saying they got it working on linux, and I have tried RunUO 2.2 with Neruns Distro, but I couldn't get it working.

So I guess I am asking -- Is there any first hand accounts of people willing to explain HOW one would go about it.

No links to this or that tutorial, I have seen them all. And tried them all too.

Simon Omega

Traveler
I have only used the SVN. But:
I just found the link for: RunUO-2.2-src

Have you tried:

apt-get install mono-complete
(If it is Ubuntu Based this should work, you might need the Universe Repository added. If you do i can tell you how.)

I use a storage mount to hold RunUO but try this for testing:
In a Terminal
cd ~
mkdir source
cp RunUO-2.2-src.zip ~/source/
cd ~/source/
unzip RunUO-2.2-src.zip
(If unzip is missing apt-get install zip or maybe it is unzip...I use 7zip so I don't remember)
cd ..
mono-csc -out:RunUO.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -debug -nowarn:219 -recurse:source/*.cs

Copy this compiled RunUO.exe over top of the one in the RunUO 2.2 Package that you migrated NeRun into.