RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negative Reputation

dstarz20

Sorceror
Negative Reputation

It seems someone or some people keep leaving negative feedback with no justification lately. I don't know if they think it's humorous, or they're just a bitter individual with alot of time on their hands. If you have something to complain about, man up and say it to their "Face". Although I believe negative reputation does nothing, I feel that some users being able to abuse the system with no recourse or justification is a bit daft.

Kamron

Knight
I wasn't aware that you could leave negative feedback. To my knowledge, only moderators and the result of "bad reports" can result in negative feedback. If someone knows, please tell me so I can go around to posts I have been wanting to leave bad feedback on.

Interestingly enough... I went from over 50+ rep points to less than 30.... I have no clue how... people can take back their +repping? Or someone is leaving me alot of bad feedback.. I dunno

EDIT: I see the, "I dissaprove" button... I haven't seen it there before though.

dstarz20

Sorceror
Agreed. I've seen many users with "Red" reputation symbols under their names lately. It seems fairly rampant.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I have several "no justification" karma gain/losses. The negatives always seem to be about 4 times as much as the positives...

I don't know who's doing this, but it'd be nice if they'd stop...or at least justify WHY they're doing it.

Merlin*

Super Newb Moderator
May I suggest: And I'm not pointing any fingers here. Those of you that are getting this negative reputation, take of look at some of your own posts and think to yourselves:
Am I following the forum rules?
Was I rude?
Did I think I was a moderator?
Was I Flaming someone?
Did I really need to post that remark that had nothing to do with the topic of the thread?

Think about those things and ask your self if you deserved the reputation that you received. I am not saying that every time you receive reputation that it was right. You will get some just because someone doesn’t like you or does like you.

And as far as no justification for leaving you reputation goes. They are not required to do so and that is why they don’t do it. If you are 100% sure your that your posts are good when you post them then you won’t receive any negative reputation. It is also anonymous for a reason.

dstarz20

Sorceror
I understand the concept. I find it those who feel vindictive for some reason can get away with it without a contest. I don't believe in users policing this forum, but it's not my decision.

dstarz20

Sorceror
Tell me what is abrasive or against forum policy regarding this post, and I'll never bring up the topic again. Thanks.

This is really good work man. I actually started down this path, and I realized how difficult it was, I just gave up. However, if the newer clients don't support verdata, how are most players going to see it? Perhaps you have a way to incorporate it into another data file...I'm not familiar with that. Thanks, and great work again.

Jarrod

Sorceror
I havent gotten any neg reputation as far as I know, but it does mif me sometimes that when I (or other users) respond to a post in the help forum, we take the time to help the user, but they dont take the few seconds to bump the karma a bit.

:/ its just impolite.

Merlin*

Super Newb Moderator
Jarrod said:
I havent gotten any neg reputation as far as I know, but it does mif me sometimes that when I (or other users) respond to a post in the help forum, we take the time to help the user, but they dont take the few seconds to bump the karma a bit.

:/ its just impolite.

*Cough *Cough

J/k

HellRazor

Knight
Does the "red" icon mean negative karma?

Interesting, because I have one negative mark, with no comment left, and it's for this post where all I do is say "Thanks I'm looking forward to this!"

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?p=349312#post349312

And it turned my entire reputation to red.

No big deal as it really doesn't mean a whole lot, but if someone is going to leave you a bad mark they should at least have to make a comment about it! Sounds like someone with high karma is abusing the system.

Merlin*

Super Newb Moderator
HellRazor said:
Does the "red" icon mean negative karma?

Interesting, because I have one negative mark, with no comment left, and it's for this post where all I do is say "Thanks I'm looking forward to this!"

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?p=349312#post349312

And it turned my entire reputation to red.

No big deal as it really doesn't mean a whole lot, but if someone is going to leave you a bad mark they should at least have to make a comment about it! Sounds like someone with high karma is abusing the system.

I really don't know on this one either.

HellRazor

Knight
It looks like someone with high karma went and gave negative karma to everyone who posted in that thread without leaving a comment as to why.

Kinda cheapens the whole karma system when people do that. :) I've got 6 positives and this one negative wiped them all out.