RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.Net Framework Error

astealoth

Wanderer
.Net Framework Error

Ever since the last razor patch I've been getting this error in Vistax64. Ive tried to reinstall .net framework 1.1, 2.0x64, and 3.5sp1. none of this has worked. here is the specific error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Error creating window handle.
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle(CreateParams cp)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.EnsureHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.StartTimer(Int32 interval)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.set_Enabled(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Start()
at Assistant.Timer.ChangedNextTick(Boolean allowImmediate)
at Assistant.Timer.Slice()
at Assistant.MainForm.timerTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Razor
Assembly Version: 1.0.12.4
Win32 Version: 1.0.12.4
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Razor/Razor.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Ultima
Assembly Version: 1.0.2892.25676
Win32 Version: 1.0.2892.25676
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Razor/Ultima.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Razor continues normally besides giving this error, but it spams it on screen every 2 minutes or so, and its always on top and very disrupting. Any way to make it stop giving this error window? as ive said i have properly installed all versions of .net framework and windows is fully up to date.

astealoth

Wanderer
no luck, still getting the errors, more severe now and it deleted all my profiles lol. having some majro major issues.

raxsv

Wanderer
I didn't find anything yet. Just for info I did uninstalled all versions of .NET Framework and then reinstaled the newest version (3.5 SP1). I also upgraded to Vista SP2. Unfortunately non of this helped even a little bit...

Hammerhand

Knight
raxsv;813977 said:
I didn't find anything yet. Just for info I did uninstalled all versions of .NET Framework and then reinstaled the newest version (3.5 SP1). I also upgraded to Vista SP2. Unfortunately non of this helped even a little bit...
.net 3.5 is usually more trouble than its worth from what I've seen. And the .net versions arent cumulative, meaning just having 3.5 wont give you anything from any of the other versions. You literally need to have the others, they are all seperate versions. Try having the others without 3.5 installed, it may help.

Jeff

Lord
Hammerhand;814281 said:
.net 3.5 is usually more trouble than its worth from what I've seen. And the .net versions arent cumulative, meaning just having 3.5 wont give you anything from any of the other versions. You literally need to have the others, they are all seperate versions. Try having the others without 3.5 installed, it may help.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Brief Description
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0, and includes .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.0 service pack 1.

which means, it wont install without the previous. The only non-cumulative .net is 1.1 to 2.0. After that, 2.0 is required for 3.0 and both for 3.5.

raxsv

Wanderer
Well I'm not sure about this. When I first start having this trouble I had on my system (visible as separate applications in Add or remove programs) .NET framework 1.1, 2.0 and 3.5. All probably instaled over time from some apps.
I uninstalled them all and then installed separately only version 3.5. This made no difference in program behaviour. Still giving this error in random periods of time.
Anyway if razor is supposed to work on version 3.0 I will give it a try.

BTW there is another thing that is drawing my attention. That is this part of the error message:
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

My understanding is that it is possible to dissable showing error message, which in my case could actually kinda solve this problem. Its because when I don't click continue on this error window (and just leave it open or move it somewhere where it doesn't interfere) the game AND razor work fine. And more importantly when the error message is left open no more message will pop in my face while playing.
Anyone know how to dissable .NET error messages (dissabling "Razor messages" in More Options tab had no effect on this.)?

raxsv

Wanderer
Ok, so I uninstalled the 3.5 version and then tried to install 3.0 version, but after starting the instalation I get this system message which I think is either really badly translated to czech language, or just generally stupid. Here is the rough translation back to english:
For instalation or configuration Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 you need to use option "Enable od disable Windows system function" in Control panels
This doesnt make a lot of sence to me, but it could mean that some version of .NET framework is already preinstaled in Win Vista (SP2) as default so it doesn't allow me to install it again. Is there any way to check which versions of .NET framework i have currently installed? In Control panels/Add or remove programs currently isn't any. Yet Razor is working, although with the same error..

Jeff

Lord
raxsv;814317 said:
Ok, so I uninstalled the 3.5 version and then tried to install 3.0 version, but after starting the instalation I get this system message which I think is either really badly translated to czech language, or just generally stupid. Here is the rough translation back to english:

This doesnt make a lot of sence to me, but it could mean that some version of .NET framework is already preinstaled in Win Vista (SP2) as default so it doesn't allow me to install it again. Is there any way to check which versions of .NET framework i have currently installed? In Control panels/Add or remove programs currently isn't any. Yet Razor is working, although with the same error..

As far as I know, .Net 3.0 is native to Vista.

can not just have 3.0 you still need 2.0 installed also (for newest razor i beleive, was 1.1 before the lastest updates i believe)

but in any case, many programs fro razor and its support use .net 1.1 & 2.0, and 3.0 does not cover them, they are seperate installs

Jeff

Lord
Lord_Greywolf;814388 said:
can not just have 3.0 you still need 2.0 installed also (for newest razor i beleive, was 1.1 before the lastest updates i believe)

but in any case, many programs fro razor and its support use .net 1.1 & 2.0, and 3.0 does not cover them, they are seperate installs

since 3.0 is native, 2.0 is as well....3.0 runs on top of 2.0 and 3.5 runs on top of both... I thought went over this already in this thread...

well all i know is if you have 3.0 installed and not 1.0 or 2.0 then razor, pandoras and runuo do not work
at least on XP
have to have 1.1 & 2.0 installed

vista might be totaly different

xenoglyph

Sorceror
I'm using .Net 3.5 SP1 in Vista x64 and haven't had any issues whatsoever. I actually don't recall ever having a .Net related issue with Razor.

Tak27

Wanderer
hmmm

Alright, I have .Net 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5 sp1.... using windows xp, before my comp crashed had razor working pretty good. Copied all files I thought I needed w/o losing it & musta did it wrong bc here I am w/this issue! Last time it was stuck in the update (like now) I think my kid got a working copy & dropped it in my file folder & worked great. Sooo, it took 2 days to dl .Net on dialup, razor worked for 2 days and I'm back to stuck on stupid updater! Also my uogateway also worked for those 2 days & also stopped working same day as razor(couldn't open rar)! (which was yesterday) The only thing I did was a defrag & diskcleanup (cleaned temp folders)... So, if the Latest Version is from '06 WHY is it sending me to the updater & getting stuck again?! Is there another version or update somewhere? can someone upload a version that is currently working for them (past the update)?? thx...

Tak27

Wanderer
Latest Razor

For those of you who are stuck in the updater like I was go to Akaraessex.com under downloads you can find the latest version of razor! Had mine fixed in less than 3 mins!