RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Network Crash

dazedmouse

Sorceror
Im hoping some one can help me with this crash report. It has been happening too much... And I dont understand it..

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 5104.17403
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.18408
Time: 1/2/2014 3:47:46 PM

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Network.NetState.Receive_Process(SocketAsyncEventArgs e) in \Server\Network\NetState.cs:line 716
at Server.Network.NetState.Receive_Completion(Object sender, SocketAsyncEventArgs e) in \Server\Network\NetState.cs:line 693
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.FinishOperationSuccess(SocketError socketError, Int32 bytesTransferred, SocketFlags flags)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Mortis

Knight
Did you edit any of the core files? Especially NetState.cs? Could you try running the server in debug mode and posting that crash report?

_Epila_

Sorceror
Assuming you did not edit NetState.cs or any other notwork handling code, my best bet is that you're having a sudden socket close, ultil you give us more information of what is happening, try checking your network integrity. Every network problem I had was properly handled by RunUO then reported

dazedmouse

Sorceror
This just happens out of the blue...and it might do it 2 or 3 times .. since i reported this it hasnt happened again... No, No edits to the Netstate.cs.... Thats what is puzzling me..

Mortis

Knight
Have you updated your Ethernet adapter drivers recently? If so did this start happening right after? If you did try rolling them back. If you have not. Maybe you should look into updating them to the latest version.

You could possibly updated them via automatic updates with out even realizing it at the time.

You may also check into repairing winsock.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

Also I recommend uninstalling your most current version of the .Net Framework and reinstalling it with the full re distributable. Do not re install it via Windows update.