RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Amendments to the Constitution

Jarrod

Sorceror
New Amendments to the Constitution

well we have already tackled the 10 commandments. How about some amendments to the Constitution?

§reality 1.0 - You may not hold others liable for your own stupidity (aka the "dumb ass" Amendment)

Would finally be nice to have this little beauty in. One single sentence to whack an entire slew of frivolous lawsuits.

Prosecutor: Your honor, my client is suing McDonalds for having boiled his testicles with hot coffee. Nowhere on the cup was a warning that the coffee was in fact, hot.
Defendent: Your honor, my client is pleading innocent on the grounds of paragraph 1.0 of the reality amendments.
Judge: Ah, the dumb ass one right? Yeah. The plaintiff is hereby commanded to stfu. Case closed.

§reality 1.1 - As long as the religion is not being forced on you, exposure to other people's religion in public should not pose a problem for you.

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Agreed on 1.0, though I don't 100% agree with 1.1

I think that religion should not be forced upon you by others, nor should we bother people who are religious. It goes both ways. If somebody beliefs - good for them and all the best with their beliefs. But there is no reason they should bother me with it. Preaching belongs in the church (or equivalent). At the same time, slandering religion should not be allowed either. Live and let live imo.

Jarrod

Sorceror
I partially agree with you. live and let live is always good, but some things are unavoidable. If you pass by a church, it's THERE. You can't ask someone to destroy it because you are <insert some other religion here>.

I think the paragraph should stay, but a few clauses could always be added to it for clarity :)

*edit, I re-wrote 1.1 a little.

Jarrod

Sorceror
what do you think of the old western philosophy?

"If you are old enough to kill, you are old enough to die"

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Jarrod said:
I partially agree with you. live and let live is always good, but some things are unavoidable. If you pass by a church, it's THERE. You can't ask someone to destroy it because you are <insert some other religion here>.

I think the paragraph should stay, but a few clauses could always be added to it for clarity :)

*edit, I re-wrote 1.1 a little.

Agreed, and much better now :)

i agree, but it would never pass ifit did the leaders of this usa wouls use it to often . " i did not have sex with her" ohh is that whatsex is?

Slayer706

Sorceror
Well... The thing about Amendments to the Constitution is that they state what rights you have/don't have.
You may not hold others liable for your own stupidity (aka the "dumb ass" Amendment)
Yeah that is good. But then businesses, drug dealers, and all kinds of shady individuals would use it for their benefit. Business person: "Hey, he was dumb enough to apply for the job that involves dangerous machinery. I don't owe him any medical bills!"
As long as the religion is not being forced on you, exposure to other people's religion in public should not pose a problem for you.
That is vague and telling people that they "shouldn't be offended" by something. You can't really help it if something really offends you.

I think that religion should not be forced upon you by others, nor should we bother people who are religious. It goes both ways. If somebody beliefs - good for them and all the best with their beliefs. But there is no reason they should bother me with it. Preaching belongs in the church (or equivalent). At the same time, slandering religion should not be allowed either. Live and let live imo.
That would contradict the whole freedom of speech/religion Amendment (1st one). It is part of those religions to "convert" others. So, by not allowing them to do so would violate that. The slander part falls under the freedom of speech. Anything should be able to be slandered. Yes, there is a good reason for that.
Back in the olden days. Before America, when we were just colonys. There were laws against "seditious libels". These laws stated that anything bad said against government leaders was punishable (even if what was said was true). The government leaders got away with many things because of these laws.... The same would happen with laws against slandering religion/lack of religion/anything.
Also, who defines slander? Is it something bad that can't be proven? Or just something bad in general?

About the only thing I could think of adding would be an amendment that would make crap like the Patriot Act unconstitutional. Something about not being able to tap people's phones for no reason with no evidence. Oh yeah........

bzk90

Lord
there should be a "do not preach to me" list like the do not call list, except that it should actually work...

WarAngel

Wanderer
bzk, you have NEVER been forcefully preached to. You went to Church with your parents and you didn't like it. Boo hoo. stfu and stop whining about shit that obviously happened years ago.

@Slayer: True about being offended, but at what point does being offended overrule someone's right to free speech?

bzk90

Lord
I'm not talking about going to church, I'm talking about the church coming to my family's home to ask if I would like to hear about their lord and savior Jesus Christ.

You need to go see a psychologist and solve the anger issues you have toward us non-believing heathens...

I love inviting the Jehovah's witnesses in, waiting till they're right on the threshold, then slamming the door in their faces.

Dude the Catholic Church are the good ones. They leave you be. They actually reject people from memberships, whereas the protestants are all flinging propaganda about armageddon and trying to "save people" and shit.

Joeku

Lord
bzk90 said:
I'm not talking about going to church, I'm talking about the church coming to my family's home to ask if I would like to hear about their lord and savior Jesus Christ.

You need to go see a psychologist and solve the anger issues you have toward us non-believing heathens...
Are you sure that wasn't a Jehova? :eek:
bzk90 said:
If we eat the christians will we gain their power?
No, our powers come from our Utility Belts. You can just use some chloroform and knock us out and just steal our belts so you don't have mass genocide on your hands.
Anti-Basic said:
Dude the Catholic Church are the good ones. They leave you be. They actually reject people from memberships, whereas the protestants are all flinging propaganda about armageddon and trying to "save people" and shit.
Yeah but only the Protestants give free juice and Jesus Biscuits to everyone. Catholics reserve those for members ;)