RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Gear (A new way of looking at the game)

Introduction
This is an entire build of special armor's and weapons that totally customize the PVM in UO.
Have you noticed how tamer's are the most commonly used characters to farm with? Or maybe even that tamers seem to be the only ones able to take down the harder mobs/bosses in the game with little to moderate effort? These Items and attributes I have set up re-balance out other classes making PVM enjoyable for all of the classes in UO. (And the energy suit helps tamers as well, nobody here is hating lol)

Description
This is 6 new armor sets, and many new weapons all crafted by crafters within the game. These items are highly balanced and require much to be obtained. There are 3 quest givers one for each kit. The sewing kit, the smith hammer, and the fletcher tools. First off your crafter will need to be at least 110, to make the items 120 to efficiently make an exceptional piece. The bowcraft fletcher is the only different one, it requires 90-100 to make those artifacts. The items needed to be collected to obtain the special kits drop off mobs like, Twaulo, Meraktus, and Ilhenir. They drop corruption, blight ect, ect. The ingot of power required to make every artifact drops off serado. Other materials such as gems from mining, items from lumber jacking, pearls from fishing, all of these resources are now implemented into this system as reagents in crafting these items. To obtain these items players must kill a boss, farm a specific type of mob, and collect resources that are required for that item. It is no easy task to put these together but the outcome is well worth it for them.

Player Mobile
I increased the max capabilities that stats can go for players to 200. An example would be the max a player can gain up to is still 125 however with bonuses the cap would stop at 200. Here is a look at what Ive changed things too.

New Caps
Str Cap: 200, this allows max HP to be 175
Dex Cap: 200
Int Cap:200
Weapon Damage Bonus: 150%
Spell Damage Bonus: 150%
Elemental Resistances: 80
Physical Resistance: 95

Note: If you use elves on your server they will lose there +5 max resist bonus.

Armor Descriptions
Armor of Power - This armor is crafted by tailors, It focuses on high mana and high damage, dpsers of the mage class. It however has a low regen rate which requires the wearer to conserve mana in controlled bursts.

Armor of Energy - This armor is crafted by tailors, It focuses on high mana regen and lower mana cost. This would be what we could call a support class. High regen rates allowing the caster to spam heals and hardly need to worry another thought about mana. This suit however has a significant loss in dps.

Armor of the Defender - This armor is crafted by blacksmiths and focuses on High Str, HP increase, and hp regen. This tank set is all about survivability with lowered dps. This is about as balanced as warriors can become in comparison to other classes. The high STR will insure that the bosses and mobs will attack the wearer of this suit over any other player. I will get into that later.

Armor of Rage - This armor is crafted by blacksmiths and focuses on high dps with a moderate damage return. You are not nearly as tanky as the defender armor but the dmg increase bonuses and high dex make you a master of 1v1 in pvm, or a great damage support for boss fights.

Nightbane/Revival Armor - Nightbane is crafted by tailors and revival by blacksmiths, these focus on hybrid specs and distribute stats and resists evenly. They focus on moderate regen rates with good weapon/spell damage.

I also include phoenix armor, ranger armor, and daemon bone armor. The phoenix is geared for a warrior, the ranger a mage, and the daemon bone a hybrid. These would be what I call the stepping stones below the best artifacts that help you obtain the best.

The armor controls the players stats which controls his job function or role in the game if you will.
Even if players mixed and matched the armors still they would be left with a much worse product than sticking with the full suit its self.

The way high str has the tanking priority is because mobs are mostly set up to attack the closest player. Reset it from closest player to strongest player. If there are pets around they will focus on the pets over the tanking player, however take the pet out of the equation as if the pet died or wasn't there the mob is going to attack the tank over anyone. Allowing your close support dps to wail on them care free and giving your support healers a primary target to focus on.
Alter this line in a mobiles script to change it from closest...
Code:
        public Balron () : base( AIType.AI_Mage, FightMode.Closest, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4 )
and change it to....
Code:
public Balron () : base( AIType.AI_Mage, FightMode.Strongest, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4 )
I Would suggest doing this for at least your bosses and possibly some stronger mobs such as ancient wyrms, ancient lich, balrons ect. But thats completely up to you. It requires going in and changing 1 simple word in every mobile script you wish to change...

Here is an example of how to set up the new materials needed to craft the new artifacts or even drop the lower geared gear...

Code:
    public override void GenerateLoot()

{

AddLoot( LootPack.FilthyRich );

AddLoot( LootPack.Rich );

switch ( Utility.Random( 900 ) )

{

case 0:    PackItem( new ArmsOfThePhoenix() ); break;

case 1:    PackItem( new ChestOfThePhoenix() ); break;

case 2:    PackItem( new GlovesOfThePhoenix() ); break;

case 3:    PackItem( new LegsOfThePhoenix() ); break;

case 4:    PackItem( new HelmOfThePhoenix() ); break;

}

}
Doing this will randomly generate loot drops specified off of the mobs you choose. Change the 900, lower it to increase drop change raise it to increase the drop chance. I found 900 was a decent number for dropping the lower level artifact armors off mobs. I believe in making players work hard for what they want, theres then that much more pride in what you have earned.

Installation -
Remove your playermobile.cs and your BaseWeapon.cs and drop the entire file into your scrips folder and load up your server. Keep in mind you will have to change any alterations you made yourself to your playermobile.cs such as start locations, ect. *Edit* Also you will have to remove the current daemon bone and ranger armor scripts present already in your files.

Testing - Remember to craft the items to test them not just add them, items gain additional resists and elemental properties when crafted. Also remember you will have to set up the materials needed, to drop off the mobs you wish for them to drop off of.

I hope you all enjoy it and any bugs you find please report to me I will fix them. I have extensively tested this all out myself for weeks now but nobody is perfect. Any suggestions please also let me know I am all ears.

Attachments

• BaseWeapon.cs
    104.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Artifact Crafting.rar
    96.9 KB · Views: 23
Cool... I'll install it this afternoon:)
Not a problem I hope you enjoy it, if you need assistance let me know Id be more than happy to help/ answer any questions. This is the way I have set my server up creating sub classes out of simple classes already pre-existing. It changes the play style of the game for sure from what I have noticed. Enjoy =)

Hi Retribution , the script are very interesting but i have an question for you:
I've a custom playermobile.cs, what's the line u changed or inserted in?

Hi Retribution , the script are very interesting but i have an question for you:
I've a custom playermobile.cs, what's the line u changed or inserted in?

This line changes the max resistances...
Code:
    public override int GetMaxResistance( ResistanceType type )
{
if ( AccessLevel > AccessLevel.Player )
return int.MaxValue;

int max = base.GetMaxResistance( type );

if ( type != ResistanceType.Physical && 60 < max && Spells.Fourth.CurseSpell.UnderEffect( this ) )
max = 60;

if( Core.ML && this.Race == Race.Human && type == ResistanceType.Energy )
max += 10; //Intended to go after the 60 max from curse

if( Core.ML && this.Race == Race.Human && type == ResistanceType.Fire )

if( Core.ML && this.Race == Race.Human && type == ResistanceType.Cold )

if( Core.ML && this.Race == Race.Human && type == ResistanceType.Poison )

if( Core.ML && this.Race == Race.Human && type == ResistanceType.Physical )
max += 25; //Intended to go after the 60 max from curse

return max;
}

And this is what changes the max stat caps....
Code:
        [CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
        public override int Str
        {
            get
            {
                if( Core.ML && this.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player )
                    return Math.Min( base.Str, 200 );

return base.Str;
            }
            set
            {
                base.Str = value;
            }
        }

public override int Int
        {
            get
            {
                    return Math.Min( base.Int, 200 );

return base.Int;
            }
            set
            {
                base.Int = value;
            }
        }

public override int Dex
        {
            get
            {
                    return Math.Min( base.Dex, 200 );

return base.Dex;
            }
            set
            {
                base.Dex = value;
            }
        }

#endregion

I hope this helps you out =)

Also I noticed I had forgotten to give you all the BaseWeapon.cs without this the damage % bonus will not scale any higher than the normal cap. I added it to the top to download. Sorry =)

In eventuality I will be releasing a huge file for people interested in PVM like I am. My goal is to make PVM a little more exciting for people. I will be customizing stats such as hp and resistances on all of the mobiles as well as altering all of the fight styles of the mobs. I will be tweaking and messing with dmg scales and other properties as well. Again if you have any suggestions I am open ears.

Good, i've changed the lines etc.. but i've another problem...
My Baseweapon.cs is customized eheh, can u says me the different lines?
P.S: Comment the changes in PlayerMobile and Baseweapon for the future problems ^^
However this is my BaseWeapon :)

Attachments

• BaseWeapon.cs
    100.4 KB · Views: 5
Good, i've changed the lines etc.. but i've another problem...
My Baseweapon.cs is customized eheh, can u says me the different lines?
P.S: Comment the changes in PlayerMobile and Baseweapon for the future problems ^^
However this is my BaseWeapon :)

I used your BaseWeapon.cs and changed the lines needed for you. =) Hope it helps

On my way to work now, work nights. I will answer anymore questions by tmro morningish. I also should have the entire revamp of the PVM done by fri, I am pretty dedicated when I put my mind to it. Something to look forward too.

Attachments

• BaseWeapon.cs
    100.4 KB · Views: 3