RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Patch Osi 6.0.5.0

Zippy

Razor Creator
Just a note while the fix posted here might work (I haven't tried it, I wouldn't know)... it is pretty wrong over all, I wouldn't expect it to keep working.

[edit]I've checked in svn 266, which contains the 'official' solution for 6.0.5.0 clients.[/edit]

CEO

Sorceror
Zippy;726283 said:
Just a note while the fix posted here might work (I haven't tried it, I wouldn't know)... it is pretty wrong over all, I wouldn't expect it to keep working.

[edit]I've checked in svn 266, which contains the 'official' solution for 6.0.5.0 clients.[/edit]

Yeah, I could never get that one to work, I think they're using a branch of RunUO that's fairly modified from the SVN. I started putting in some debug stuff, but figured it was a waste of time as I knew the RunUO people would have the 'real' fix eventually anyways. Not very nice how that guy on their forums was round-about hinting how people here didn't know what they were doing, kinda of sad actually. It's not like there's a monopoly on knowledge or people trying to 'one-up' each other, co-operation is the name of the game here!

Thanks for the updates in the latest SVN and letting us know! You've done your contribution for the year! :p

neuton

Wanderer
Just my 2 cents, since Zippy has patched razor to work with the newest client might like to lock this thread up so no more posts on this topic :p

neuton;726306 said:
Just my 2 cents, since Zippy has patched razor to work with the newest client might like to lock this thread up so no more posts on this topic :p

In the post directly above what I have quoted CEO's sig says:

CEO's Sig said:
If you're not a moderator, don't moderate.

I find that somewhat comical.

ThalmagusPL

Wanderer
CEO;725756 said:
How are you logging in after these mods? Logging with Razor I get:

Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Client: 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online]

So I'm guessing Razor still needs to do a few things to the client. Doesn't matter whether I check or uncheck encryption options.

Also, I'd recommend for those using latest SVN to use MutatePacketLength in MessagePump.cs, it's obviously setup to easily incorporate additional packet changes like this.

Code:
					MutatePacketLength( packetID, ns, ref packetLength );

if ( packetLength <= 0 )
					{
						if ( length >= 3 )

then:

Code:
		public static void MutatePacketLength( int packet, NetState state, ref int length )
		{
			//This is only for static size packets
			if ( Packet.IsUOKRPacket( state.Version ) )
				switch ( packet )
				{
					case 0x08: length = 15; break;   // 6.0.1.7
                                        case 0x48: length = 6528; break; // 6.0.5.0
				}
		}

I don't have this code:
Code:
					MutatePacketLength( packetID, ns, ref packetLength );

if ( packetLength <= 0 )
					{
						if ( length >= 3 )

I using SVN264 and Mondain's Legacy svn37, but i using windows runuo. Please help :(

CEO

Sorceror
Please don't use that code. I thought it was an SVN core change, but instead was a change by one of our devs before the SVN was patched up to work with that client. And from what I gather was also probably not the way to do it according to a post later by one of the devs.... Sorry for the confusion. Stick with whatever is in the latest SVN.