RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New RunUO Team Member - Ravenal

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
New RunUO Team Member - Ravenal

I'd like to welcome Ravenal to the RunUO Team as a a Script Developer. Ravenal is currently the developer of the map making tool Genesis and has been working hard on a complete rewrite of the AI of RunUO!

Please feel free to welcome him to the team! We do plan on adding more people over the coming weeks to assist with getting RunUO up-to-date!

Thanks,
Ryan

Ravenal

Knight
Mideon;814959 said:
Gratz are definitely in order.

What sort of AI rewrite if you don't mind me asking? :D

A combination of Finite state machine with Schedule like system which are "AI Triggers" that can be executed with an OnThink concept. As well what you call "AI Hooks" are an extension to make new AI adding and Logics more easier to manage. As well higher level of Logics. Basically AI Types will no longer exists, as all AI will be done based on the creature's skills... There are four different AI Logic Levels. Of course I am not going to go into to much detail about this as in the future the entire system will be explained...

AI System will include a "Creature Special Abilities" that will allow faster Special Abilities to be added like Gas Attacks, Acid Spit, Area Damage, etc. all done with AI Triggers... The AI will open doors to even more advance AI logics which will be ported towards Custom Releases which I will provide more realistic AI.

Alex21

Sorceror
Ravenal;814962 said:
A combination of Finite state machine with Schedule like system which are "AI Triggers" that can be executed with an OnThink concept. As well what you call "AI Hooks" are an extension to make new AI adding and Logics more easier to manage. As well higher level of Logics. Basically AI Types will no longer exists, as all AI will be done based on the creature's skills... There are four different AI Logic Levels. Of course I am not going to go into to much detail about this as in the future the entire system will be explained...

AI System will include a "Creature Special Abilities" that will allow faster Special Abilities to be added like Gas Attacks, Acid Spit, Area Damage, etc. all done with AI Triggers... The AI will open doors to even more advance AI logics which will be ported towards Custom Releases which I will provide more realistic AI.

I have been working on something very similar for the last few months, except i am mainly using the AI based on skills for NPC's.

Its porving very challenging...

Horray for the new RunUO developer!!! Contratulations Ravenal!!

Ryan, will Ravenal be assigned to a particular UOG shard, or he will code "in general"? (You know what I'm saying... we need someone to take the seat of Asayre :rolleyes: )

Ravenal

Knight
Alex21;814971 said:
I have been working on something very similar for the last few months, except i am mainly using the AI based on skills for NPC's.

Its porving very challenging...

Not understanding how AI works, and how to think like an NPC when hes fighting, or what not is makes it a challenge itself. I will already be done with "Melee" tactics for 3 different logic levels, each one just a more indepth than the other. Logic Level "Normal" is standard OSI, therefore things like NPC choosing what weapon to use is in fact a higher logic than Normal, except Faction guards uses this method more than normal creatures...

I am also adding "Creature Personality" which is used for Advanced and higher.

Ravenal

Knight
osd_daedalus;814976 said:
Horray for the new RunUO developer!!! Contratulations Ravenal!!

Ryan, will Ravenal be assigned to a particular UOG shard, or he will code "in general"? (You know what I'm saying... we need someone to take the seat of Asayre :rolleyes: )

I could never replace Asayre :). Also I think Ryan wants me to just focus on the AI stuff for now then when thats done we'll probably talk about it later on...

pacolaco2

Sorceror
I'm so glad to see a new runuo team member aboard, congratulations!

I'm jealous, as I have minimal scripting skills. Congratulations nonetheless!